2 Sided WC4 DVD and Windows ME

15th Rampage

Spaceman
I just got a WC4 DVD 2 sided from and Ebay purchase and wend I install it on me Windwos ME everithing work fine intill i got to the pard then a guy ask Blair fro a drink and you have to make a choise, wend I make th echose a message apear

VIdeo Missing D:\VOB\SC_0010A.VOB no found

bu the folder and the files are there, is there a incompability suff with Windows ME, is there any patch

The Price of Freedom MPEG-2 DVD was designed and released specifically for Creative's dxr decoder boards. It was made before a good standard for DVD-ROM playing of MPEG-2 video was really created. It ended up using a method that isn't really compatible with anything but the creative boards. There have been various reports of people that have gotten it working on other setups, but beyond the board that I can't remember the name of right now that is basically a dxr board nothing has really been reproducable. If your setup allows you to see the choices, you may be forced to play the game, and when you get to a choice, make it, note the video and then ALT-TAB out and play it in your DVD software. This isn't really a method I'd find enjoyable and you might find it better to pick up one of the decoders on e-bay cheaply.

TC

Yea, you need a program that either uses mcicinem.drv or another similar drv file. They include WinDVD2000, and ATI's dvd player. There's a thread on this in here somewhere, you've just got to set the display far back enough in the archive.

If you do want to get WinDVD2000, you can pick it up here for $2:
http://www.ussa.com

And admin guys, this ISN'T a warez site; it's fully legitimate.

Originally posted by Lunatic
Yea, you need a program that either uses mcicinem.drv or another similar drv file. They include WinDVD2000, and ATI's dvd player. There's a thread on this in here somewhere, you've just got to set the display far back enough in the archive.

This would be in theory the way. What Luniatic isn't telling is that for 99% of us here this for some reason does not work. And believe me - I tried about 8 different DVD players already (including replicating exactly what others did). None worked flawlessly. Some did movies correct, but only up to the first choice. Others did all correct, but without sound and so on.
PS: the WinDVD driver is called IVIMCIsomething IIRC.
PPS: There should also be a MPEGsomething driver in your win.ini. If you associate that one to VOB files then you will at least be able to see pre-choice movies correct.

No, the single sided DVD is just the CD Windows version put on one disc. If that runs on your computer and you have a DVD drive, the single sided game will work.

TC

Back