2 Questions...

Originally posted by Shane:
However it would have been more of a PR nightmare than it already is.

Right you are, Shane. But I have to say, I think I'd prefer that greater PR nightmare over the reality of the U.S. Supreme Court having effectively chosen our next President. (Now I know how the Kilra'hra must have felt.)

In Canada, Prime Ministers, Premiers and the like are decided by individual votes, not the electoral college... IMHO, it's more effective than the college, but that's just me...

The people in the electoral college are in such a position to corrupt and mislead the people in elections such as this. If they support a certain policitian, then they're going to try to lean in that person's direction. If you count the votes of the people instead of filtering them into the electoral college, then something like this 30 or so day election night probably would not have happened.

I think the electoral college was made more when the U.S. was a fledgling nation. It is too big for that sort of policy now.

I was going to clarify the Canadian election system, but then I realised that this is a political discussion so *STOP IT*!

TC

Does anyone, maybe someone who read the novels know exactly what happenned to the concordia in between SO2 and WC3, and how it is that everyone seemed to escape pretty safely, or were any of the WC2 characters on board when it was downed?

What happened is that it was destroyed, most likelly by owerwhelming forcess when the Confed fleet was streched to thin. It crashed on Vespus and the whole crew was killed.

Yep, basically, after the false peace with the Kilrathi and the attack on Earth, Confed was short of ships. The Concordia wasn't at full operating specs at the time, had little to no support and went down on Vespus.

TC

Uh, no, not exactly. Maniac was on the Concordia only to test the Morningstars. I'd assume that after his squadron broke up he was transfered off imedietly after he completed the SO mission with Blair and Paladin. Blair was injured during the BoT and sat out the destruction of Concordia, Bear, Sparks and Doomsday were transfered to the Tarawa, Angel was working for Paladin in the SO, and Tolwyn left the Conie a short time before she went down to finish the Behemoth project.

Transferred to the Victory, if I'm not mistaken. Without delay Maniac, no doubt proceeded to hit on everything moving not shaped like a guy-or cat.:)

Hehe... more like, they hit Maniac. :) I have yet to read the novels... but of course, I barely have time with all the stuff I have going. You'd never think I have little time with all the posts I make, hmm? :p

Originally posted by Johann Cooper
Sorry if I'm sounding WC ignorant, but what is BoT??

Battle of Terra (or sometimes "Earth" is used... same thing), documented in the WC novel _Fleet Action_. I'll not go into the details, as a) I don't want to spoil it, and b) I'm too lazy. :p

From the What Ever Happened to Them File...

The 36th FW (light), under Colonel Dulbrunin, was transferred to the Victory around July/August of 2668. Major Todd Marshall, the squadron's XO and CO of Gold Squadron, was among the pilots assigned there. His previous assignment had been a 2667-2668 combat tour onboard the TCS Concordia, following service with Special Ops.

Lt. Col. Ralgha nar Hhallas was assigned to the Victory in August 2669, following the death of Colonel Dulbrunin. Due to racial prejudice, Colonel Ralgha requested and recieved a transfer to the Navy as the carrier's first officer.

In late 2667 Colonel Jeanette Devereaux was transferred off the TCS Concordia, and assigned to the Covert Ops division under General James Taggart. Colonel Christopher Blair, transferring from the TCS Tarawa, replaced her as Wing Commander. During the Battle of Terra (January 1st, 2669), Colonel Christopher Blair was wounded in action after a hit by a Kilrathi missile. He spent six months recovering in a military hospital, during which time the Concordia was destroyed. During this time Devereaux left for her final mission to Kilrah. After his recovery (and the loss of the Concordia), Blair was assigned to the survey team which located her wreckage on Vespus. Blair requested and was denied a transfer to the TCS Bradshaw. Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn personally re-assigned Blair to the TCS Victory, as Wing Commander. He replaced Todd Marshall, who's seniority had temporarily earned him the position.

Following the Battle of Terra, Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn was transferred from commander of the Third Fleet to head of the Terran Defense Force -- a position he held only shortly, before replacing Admiral Ubarov in charge of the Weapons Development Office assigned to bring Behemoth, a project he'd begun 10 years ago, online.

The Concordia herself lost her flagship status -- after taking damage at the battle of Terra, she was deemed unfit for front line service... she spent the months until her destruction in 2669 assigned to patrols in safe sectors. She was destroyed over Vespus while fighting a rearguard action.

LOAF, you have this typed somewhere and whenever someone asks, you just copy and paste it right?:)

Oh, lets not forget that Hobbes also served on the Wolfhound before he went to the Victory.

Well, I usually find one or two copies of it at a bookstore, so look there. If you can't find it, simply go online to... say, amazon.com or something.

Back