1.1 update - Sandoval is back!

I downloaded and installed the 1.1 patch, loaded my last savegame (had completed the steltek-gun campaign and was somwhere into RF), went into the bar on New Detroit and there was Sandoval, back from the dead, complaining I had not taken his artifact and should get into my ship quickly and fly to Liverpool. Then I flew to Anopolis to resume the Kaydence (or whatever that womans name is) missions and she was gone! Does that mean all the missions have been set somehow to "not done" and I have to repeat them to continue where i left before the update or is there a way to fix that?

This also happened to me. Sandoval is back in the New Detroit bar, complaining that I haven't made the shipment of iron for him.
Tayla is nowhere to be found.

Can this be fixed by editing my savegame or something, or am I looking at starting over?

I reckon you're probably looking at starting over. The savegame files for the betas before PR 1.0 weren't compaitible, so it's probably reasonable to assume that the savegames for PR 1.0 won't work properly with 1.1.

Has anyone installed the patch also have the WCU add on as well? I want to know if it will impact my games or not.

Happy Camper said:
I reckon you're probably looking at starting over. The savegame files for the betas before PR 1.0 weren't compaitible, so it's probably reasonable to assume that the savegames for PR 1.0 won't work properly with 1.1.
Yes, but there is no expectation that anything in pre-1.0 betas will work witha 1,0 release. A 1.1 patch, however, generally fixes things withou interrrupting your game. I'm sure a developer or two will be along shortly to clear this up, but for now don't assume the games just don't work; there may be something else going on.

I have now tried almost any way to do the transition from 1.0 to 1.1, patching the old version, installing the complete new version and copiing the savegames, patching and then copiing savegames and so on. Result: it can even get worse, in many cases my ships (a Demon and a Stiletto) lost all improvements. I also tried selling all ships and buyed an stock Tarsus with nothing in it, but ship equipment seems to have nothing to do with it, nor the location where you take the last save in 1.0.
In some older saves I lost only the equipment, but found Goodin at Perry as expected, so RF must have at least started.

In the meantime however I started a new game and the 1.1 version is just great, first of all the early phase of the game, where the "frontier feeling" of the original is there perfectly. Well done!

I waan't that far in, so I just started over. This time it took less than half as long to get going financially, doing the mining->agriculture->mining trade route in Troy, as well as doing up to three Troy system patrols, I was back in the game in no time. :)

However, I assume that this is a bug of some kind. I would expect that applying a patch to go from version 1.0 to version 1.1 wouldn't break any savegames.

Thanks for the great remake. I'm having a great time!

in those cases, developers often say that old savegames are incompatible with the version 1.1

So i guess such line should be at the download page ;)

Cyb

in the various betatest versions the save games kept going smoothly and cleanly.

However, just finished up the RF smuggling, the bounty hunter, the oxford and the military missions and all I get at Oxford is a blank screen (when he should say, now my friend has heard about you and you can meet with him).

Sandoval reapeared to me too and I haven't WCU instaled. The worse is that I have made the mission 3 times and he won´t disappear. He just stands there telling me to go to Liverpool.

Savage said:
Sandoval reapeared to me too and I haven't WCU instaled. The worse is that I have made the mission 3 times and he won´t disappear. He just stands there telling me to go to Liverpool.

He just appears sometimes. Don't talk to him and you can ignore him. Otherwise, you can get lots and lots of artifacts that you can't sell. If you try to dump just one, they all go.

If you ignore him, he isn't a problem in RF gameplay.

I have now tried almost any way to do the transition from 1.0 to 1.1, patching the old version, installing the complete new version and copiing the savegames, patching and then copiing savegames and so on. Result: it can even get worse, in many cases my ships (a Demon and a Stiletto) lost all improvements.

Remember that the savegame is not only the file in "saves", but also the ones in "serialized_xml".

Other than that, it looks like an incompatiblity. The odd thing is, it never happened during beta testing.

Savage said:
But if I ignore him how will I go forward in the campaign?

If you have already done his missions, just go forward in the game as if he were not there -- consider him a ghost if he reappears. I had him reappear on me, made the misstep of talking to him after I knew he was dead, ran the mission, figured out that it was an echo or a dead end, and went back to the game as I knew it and the plot progressed normally.

Of course if this is the first time you've met him, then you take his mission.

But, if you've already been through his missions, go bar hopping just for the heck of it and run into him, don't talk and you will be fine.

Reminds me of the last Kilrathi oriented WC. If you made the canon choice between the women, the otherone shows up in the lift to chew you out. If you don't talk with her, even if she gets killed, she continues to hang out in the lift as a ghost until you do talk to her.

masteroforion said:
copiing savegames and so on. Result: it can even get worse, in many cases my ships (a Demon and a Stiletto) lost all improvements.

Master Wooky said:
Didn't happen to me. I used my old savegames form 1.0 and the storyline worked well...

Ok, this is just a guess... When I first adressed this I was talking about a savegame in which I have a centurion.

Now I tried to load an other savegame 1.0 with a demon and the sandoval thing happened to me to.

Ships, that weren't buyable in the original seem to be buyable in 1.1 much later than in 1.0 (Am I right?). Perhaps is flying a ship you shouldn't have yet the reason for this bug... just thinking.

Same thing happened to me. I can't ignore him and move on, though, because the guys from the bar in New Constantinople are gone.

Also, Kiltrathi like me now. :)

Dire Wolf said:
in the various betatest versions the save games kept going smoothly and cleanly.

However, just finished up the RF smuggling, the bounty hunter, the oxford and the military missions and all I get at Oxford is a blank screen (when he should say, now my friend has heard about you and you can meet with him).

On the other hand, I just flew to where the contact is supposed to be and he was there, talking with me.

Sandoval's ghost lingered teh entire game, I've even had to deal with him distorting the visage of others who sit at his table (though I got their messages and missions).

Now that I've finished RF, he still sits there, giving away copies of the artifact that cost him his life, and sending people to Liverpool.

Poor guy ;)

Back