1,000th WCPedia article!

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Today I spent several hours working on WC1 mission entries (7 more fully completed with only 5.75 left to go but the articles are already laid out). In the process of doing that the 1,000th WCPedia article was created being the Kappa Wing mission in Hubble's Star.

There's probably another 3 hours of WC1 mission entries left. After I finish those I've created a a project list for myself that I plan to follow in the coming months. Despite my lack of free time, this project is something I've really wanted to see move forward and I will continue to work in the coming months to make sure it does. I'm especially looking for a USG text helper. Even if you don't own the USG but want to help PM me and we can discuss it.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to so far to the project.

For those who are interested here are some stats about the project:

Wing Commander Encyclopedia statistics

There are 2,126 total pages in the database. This includes "talk" pages, pages about Wing Commander Encyclopedia, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that probably do not qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 1,004 pages that are probably legitimate content pages.

603 files have been uploaded.

There have been a total of 997,554 page views, and 6,557 page edits since Wing Commander Encyclopedia was setup. That comes to 3.08 average edits per page, and 152.14 views per edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, and thanks again for all your hard work.

Thanks, but my work is made considerably easier by your page :D

I've been using your dialogue script as a base for weeding my way through the WC1 script, without it I think I'd be quite a bit farther behind than I am now.

I know every year we all go through periods of "yeah's let's do it" followed by real life coming in and ruining things, but I'm going to really try to keep moving this project forward as much as possible. Even if it's an article a month...

If I had the time and commitment to do something like that now...

But yes, even an article a month is better than none at all.

Any help is welcome though Wedge. Even small little things like going ahead of me and just creating the blank SM1 mission articles with the basic layouts that I then could fill in.

Or just reviewing articles, I could really use someone to go through existing articles and tag those that need to be rewritten (like my Bondarevsky article...it's writing leaves a lot to be desired).

Knowing the way I work, if I'm in for a penny, I'd be in for a pound. Certainly that was the way I worked on the first iteration of the CIC's encyclopaedia.

I'd be happy to proof-read and polish the writing on articles where you feel it's necessary, though.

I'd be happy to proof-read and polish the writing on articles where you feel it's necessary, though.

That I could certainly use. Interested in just picking a category and start proofing there? Whatever you want to start with I'm all for.

Back