1.0 Screenshots!

YAHOO!!!!

i love screenies. btw, when the game will be officially released, send email to CIC with some of those screenies. The quality is great, so people will love it.

Also about the splash screen, i've sent it as a wallpaper to CIC the day before yesterday, so no need for it to be send as a screenshot ;)

Is it just me, or do the effects alot nicer than in earlier releases? Therre are lots of nice screenshots there, though that strange issue with the shine effect is still there:

Screenshot

Some of the ships look like they are wrapped in plastic foil...it looks really odd.

One other thing I too don't like is the shape of the laser bolts, they look like in Freelancer, a distinct head with a tail, like a comet. It's probably just me, but I think long streamlined bolts á la Prophecy or Starlancer would look better.
BTW, are you going to get a new model for the mining base? It stands out as having significantly lower quality than the rest of the models.

BTW, when it'S ready, don't forget to include the option to play the "classic" version. ;)

Having reflections like that is a config option, and one I do not choose to have. It appears JKeefe really likes them though hehe. Just keep in mind, you don't have to see effects like that if you don't want to.

Shape of the bolts is a matter of taste I suppose :) They can't change for the release now, but it would be easy to change them for your personal copy, or future versions.

All the latest shots are taken with Specular Per Pixel Lighting instead of Reflective Per Pixel Lighting.

Email sent to WCnews with a link to the screenshots.

hellcatv said:
send it now then :) we've already sent the news to wcnews about the release

as i said, i've sent it the day before yesterday. Even had talk with Chris about it, so its there, everything depends on Chris, when he is willing to put it on the news ;)

Back