- If you think another user is breaking the rules, do not flame or harass them. Contact the Administrators instead. The decisions of the CIC Forums Administrators with respect to the message board rules is final.
- Controversial subjects that have already been discussed at length or are likely to cause a disturbance (eg. canon issues, politics, religion, other space sims, etc.) should be avoided if not presented in a thoughtful way. A good debate is encouraged, but some subjects have already been debated to the death.
- Due to the history of "(something) vs (something)" threads stirring up flames and arguments, especially if they involve other sci-fi universes, such threads are specifically prohibited.
- Do not post messages specifically for the purpose of publicizing a website or soliciting a non-Wing Commander product, service or crowdfunding campaign. References to web sites and resources directly related to the current discussion are encouraged. Personal URLs in signatures are allowed.
- Posters should take care to maintain discussion/debate and avoid bickering/quarrels. Many people of different tastes and points of view come into contact on the internet. Flames and other abusive language are not tolerated.
- The Wing Commander Chat Zone is designed for Wing Commander topics. Other space sims and miscellaneous discussion should go in the Off Topic Zone.
- The signature limit is four lines. URLs are allowed, large sizes and pictures are not, and excessive colors or profanity are discouraged.
- The CIC reserves the right to close any thread or remove any post that it considers inappropriate.
- If you believe that the CIC Staff have made a mistake in regard to various forum rules, policies, procedures or actions, protests are not to be done on the Forums. You should use E-Mail or Discord to contact the Administrators. Any messages posted on the Forums for this purpose will be deleted, and the person responsible may be banned.
- The CIC may have more server space and bandwidth than an entire South American nation, but please try to be sensible with your posts. You need not be serious all the time, but there are limits on "silly" posts.
- Linking to, offering, requesting or hinting at the whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez, copying games or other illegal content can result in immediate banning.
- You are allowed one Forums account. If there is an issue with your account, please contact the Administrators via email or Discord. Under no circumstances are users allowed to register a second account. Multiple accounts will be closed without warning. If multiple users are signing up from the same location, they must contact the Administrators prior to registration.
- Posters are held to a certain standard of legibility. Non-native English speakers are very welcome, but sloppy and lazy writers should proofread their posts as a courtesy to others. Excessive pointless vulgarity is discouraged.
- Any attempt to circumvent a CIC Forums ban will result in permanent revocation of posting privileges. In the event that a ban is removed, formerly banned users are considered to be on probation. Permanent banning may result from further disorderly conduct or disturbance.
The CIC Staff reserve the right to reveal your identity
(or whatever other information we know about you) in the event of a complaint
or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Finally, note that while the CIC Staff do check your posts, this is a manual
process and can take time. As such, you remain solely responsible for the
content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless
the CIC, Xenforo Ltd. (the makers of the Xenforo board software),
and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your