Hornet Attempts to Flatten a Pancake
NinjaLA has sketched a new dogfight, and this time the roles are reversed compared to his Dralthi/Scimitar battle earlier in the year. In the new image, a Hornet is shown chasing a Dralthi down with guns blazing. Although the two images look somewhat similar, today's sketch was made with new drafting tools. It's a pretty great result for just a few hours' work!
a dralthi and a hornet duke it out in the blackness of space.. manga studio 5 drawing. 3 hours.
Wing Commander CIC - Visit the front page
Official news, fan projects and topics of particular interest to Wing Commander fans.
- WC Generals Beta Kicks Off
- 2015-05-05 -- The formerly hex-based strategy game WC Generals has released its first playable test. Interested commanders can sign up at wcgenerals.net and help square off in grid combat.
- Flat Universe Prepares to Land
- 2015-05-04 -- Maslas has posted another set of teaser images for Wing Commander Flat Universe. It shows a cutscene landing sequence that leads up to docking at the game's main Daedalus Station base. Then we catch a glimpse of the area's hangar bay, which should look pretty familiar to WC2 fans.
- Fully Armed Lexington Joins Homeworld Mod
- 2015-05-03 -- There are both big and small updates for the Homeworld WC mod this week. On the larger side, L.I.
- Origin Promo Gives Ultima VIII Away
- 2015-05-02 -- EA's Origin service has announced its latest free game, Ultima VII Pagan. This marks the third time that an Origin Systems Inc game has been given away as part of the On The House program after WC3 and Crusader: No Remorse. Other contemporary classics like Sim City 2000, Theme Hospital and Syndicate have also made the list.
- Help Denis Loubet Select Next Artwork
- 2015-05-01 -- Former Origin senior artist Denis Loubet has kicked off a vote for his next project. The poll is being conducted through Patreon, which is a type of crowd funding site built around supporting artists. Fans can sponsor Mr.
- Deviant Artist Conjures Up Thunderbolt Blueprints
- 2015-04-30 -- Artist HandofManos posted this stylish rendition of a Thunderbolt blueprint on DeviantArt. It's a slick five-view line art over a hexagon background. Check out his other awesome WC illustrations here.
- New 'Sport Inbound to Vega
- 2015-04-29 -- WC Vega has some new cargo capacity with the addition of the Drayman class transport to their fleet. The ship was constructed with a pair of pill bottles, some foam and lots of creativity. It's impressive how quickly this came together after their Tiger's Claw model.
- WC RPG: Just the Factions
- 2015-04-28 -- It's the final week for the WC RPG's Kickstarter project. They're attempting to gather the funds to commission Origin artist Denis Loubet to make a new Kilrathi portrait. The campaign is quite a ways from its goal, so if this is something you can get behind, the days remaining are limited.
- Homeworld WC Mod Gets Even Bigger
- 2015-04-27 -- L.I.F.
- Which Way Back to Base?
- 2015-04-26 -- The new poll asks which game had the best nav map. Although maps are often a mundane afterthought in most games, they were a critical component in the Wing Commander series. in WC1 and WC2, the game had an incredible sense of freedom thanks to the ability to reroute a patrol around an asteroid field or head straight home after a particularly tough encounter.