YouTube Videobar Test (WC3 Gameplay)

centaurianmudpig

Rear Admiral
Hi guys,

I've uploaded a short gameplay video of WC3 of the first mission. I'm interested in what you think of the video bar that I am trying out. It allows you to skip to the more interesting moments of the video that I have chosen. Use the play bar to the left to try it out. Given the short clip, they skip to the first two combat encounters and the third takes you to the landing debriefing.

I'm also in two minds on how to go about doing my WC3 Let's Play. I have already recorded a good amount of game play, with the intention of adding commentary over the space combat sections only, leaving the movies clean. Part of this reason is that I did not turn on the subtitles and the other is that I am editing out the parts in which you interact with the world and choose the dialogue options.

Alternatively, I could just cut out the majority of the movies and focus more on the missions than the storyline.

I would really like to hear your opinions and thoughts on this.

Hey, I know this is really late and you've already started WC3, but I really like the menu bar on the left. As for how to do the next game, I haven't watched your clips yet, so I'm not sure what you chose to do, but I do like the movie scenes. I understand it's kind of redundant with the WC3 movie(s) that are already on Youtube, and it's not exactly playing to include the movies, but they're nice for completeness of the project. Maybe you can do separate between-mission videos if it doesn't make sense to have all the cutscenes integrated into the main Youtube episodes?

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. I could do a parallel between my intended Ace Guide and the Storyline. The problem is, I don't have subtitles on if I add commentary over. I thought about leaving the cutscene's commentary free. I could record another play with subtitles enabled. My original thought was to make it more movie like. Removing the player selection pieces, i.e. moving around the ship and selecting the multiple choice options.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to make the whole process for you overly cumbersome, but if there was some convenient way to parallel in the storyline like you mention, that sounds like a nice complete direction to go.

Back