your ffavorite freeware games besides privateer/vega strike

upyr1

Spaceman
hi,
Since we all are palying a free ware game I was woundering what other free ware games you may have found.

I never got a freeware version of Priv 1 and Vega Strike. where can i get Vega strike
the only freeware type game I may have got was Battlecruiser 3000/Millenium

Dahan said:
I never got a freeware version of Priv 1 and Vega Strike. where can i get Vega strike
the only freeware type game I may have got was Battlecruiser 3000/Millenium

Follow this link to the Vega Strike home page. Then go to downloads.
Vega Strike

Priv 1 was never freeware, but the Privateer Remake is a fan project updating Privateer 1 for current computer systems.

I've waited a really long time for the Paradroid remake - now it's there.

EDIT: MDD Clone (Mercenary/Damocles/Dion Crisis Remake) should be added too, although I don't play it much, only coast around and enjoy the nostalgia.

upyr1 said:
hi,
Since we all are palying a free ware game I was woundering what other free ware games you may have found.
I tend not to look to hard for freeware games because between my dad (who got me into wing commander in the first place) and myself we have quite a few games and tend just to buy games rather than scour the internet for freeware. The only other freeware game I have downloaded is the Amiga version of Frontier (Elite 2) which is available to download from www.eliteclub.co.uk. Other than that, it's Privateer remake.

Best game of all time would have to be Deus Ex 1.

TIRex said:
right now Battle of Yavin and Battle of Endor
Graphic is a little primitiv but they'er nice little games
my only problem is that I'm not strong with the force. Vader got me every time at Yavin :(
Those games rocked I downloaded a good freeware site I've found was gamehippo.com this is real freeware..so IMHO I think it would be cool to post them a link to this page. It is what they specialize in shoked I din't find the Privateer remake listed there.

TIRex said:
right now Battle of Yavin and Battle of Endor
Graphic is a little primitiv but they'er nice little games
my only problem is that I'm not strong with the force. Vader got me every time at Yavin :(
I’ve downloaded Battle of Yavin and it’s great. It’s a simple game that can catch very well the StarWars feeling. I’ve tried to download Battle of Endor as well but unfortunately it seems to be impossible to do it.

Kilrah said:
I’ve tried to download Battle of Endor as well but unfortunately it seems to be impossible to do it.
strage but right.
strange to say that this side dosn't work.
try it throug this link klick me
or search (suche) for Star Wars

Very similar to Battle of Yavin, still very nice.

It seems to me that the software used to do this games, “Truevision 3D”, could be used to do some simple but very interesting games based in Wing Commander. With so many talented people around here maybe someone could do something. If I had the time I would try it.

Back