You know, I bet there are no females on this forum.

There have been lots of women that post here, visit #Wingnut, come to DragonCon and so on.

I've met several female WC fans in my life... but, in general, they don't like to make a big deal of their gender in sci fi communities, as there are lots of drooling teenagers eager to harass them.

Mav23 said:
I've never met a woman who liked VIDEO GAMES let alone Wing Commander.

Yet there are few of these but approximately as many as young hetero-sexual boys actively involved in fashion designing i.e. :rolleyes:

Mav23 said:
I've never met a woman who liked VIDEO GAMES let alone Wing Commander.

A lot of the girls I know do play video games. But most of them pretty much only play The Sims and Mario Party.

Beware the gals who FPS.
Womans natural patience, ability to hold a grudge forever, and the fact that they dont get teased about fighting like a bitch make them excellent snipers :p

AD said:
A lot of the girls I know do play video games. But most of them pretty much only play The Sims and Mario Party.

Yeah, same here. I do know one that plays GTA(I think it was 3), though.

I know I sometimes joke that there are no women on the internet, but they really are out there, and probably in bigger numbers than one might think. I mean, if you (generic "you") were to wind up getting a bunch of drooling idiots sending you messages with content along the lines of "wanna cyber?" (or variations on that theme) if you were honest about your gender, would you be ready to admit that you were female?

Nothing like swinging by the cic to pick up chicks:D

My girl only enjoys playing the centipede/millipede games. I remember when I bought I X-box I purchased a second control with the though it would be some fun entertainment for us.

Sadly when I tried to get her to play Halo Coop all she did was run in a circle and stare at the ground.

She later told me she was looking for centipedes to blast. :rolleyes:

I've gotten my wife to play a few X-box games with me, Star Wars Battlefront and NASCAR. She also likes to watch when i play WCIII and IV on the Playstation, or KOTR and other games on the X-box or PS2. She's more into games like KOTR though were you have a character that develops through the story and you have to build up as you progress. She's not really into Space Sims.

When she plays games, she likes to play games such as the Sims, Zoo Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon.

AD said:

Actually that's what I've experienced also, what I'm talking about is more that I haven't met a woman who had video games as a hobby. Maybe a passing interest on something readily accessible like the games you mentioned, but I've never met a female "gamer".

The only games my wife plays are jeweled “Tetris” like games where you might win money and “Wolfenstein 3D” on Super NES.

Most online gamers are women playing bejeweled.
My wife does not like gaming much, but she loves to play zoo keeper on my DS (a cute bejeweled clone) and Zuma on her PC.

one of my sisters likes The Sims.

I had a real gamer GF once, but it didn't work out well because she is a crazy bipolar bitch. She does play BF2, nowadays, AFAIK.

I must be one of the lucky few. My wife enjoys playing computer games. She loves to play RTS games like Command & Conquer although she won't play Blizzard RTS titles. She also enjoys playing the mystery adventure games like the Tex Murphy series. Currently, she is an avid gamer in Guild Wars.

She doesn't like to play any FPS games. Which is probably a good thing for me (she'd probably own me at them).

She never cared to play the Wing Commander games. However, starting with WCIII, she loved to watch me play it.

So, in a nutshell, I know a woman who plays video/computer games. I see her everyday!!! And no, you can't have her email.... :D

Second that about FPS girls - although most of the ones I've played against tend to be less skilled with the ranged weapons but brutally effective with last-ditch melee attacks.

Gunslinger2 said:
I must be one of the lucky few. My wife enjoys playing computer games. [...] So, in a nutshell, I know a woman who plays video/computer games. I see her everyday!!! And no, you can't have her email.... :D
Why would anybody want her email? And why do you consider yourself one of the "lucky few"? I know nothing about you, but somehow I doubt that you chose your wife based on the fact that she likes computer games.

...I mean, really, why this obsession with female gamers?

Back