YES ITS NOT THE TIGERS CLAW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chance

just got done watching the WC movie (finally got a copy)
and i noticed the ship is NOT repeat IS NOT the tigers claw
its in truth the tiger claw note NOT TIGERS!!! no S at the end
dif name means dif ship
otherwise eisen was mutated into a carrier
as for why this is good (unless u think otherwise) is because that means that they never made the tigers claw look like a sub but instead its a dif ship

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 16, 2000).]

What the hell?

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

got a copy of the movie check it out
in games its called the Tigers Claw in the movie its called the Tiger claw
it even said so when they were labeling the ship and its location

In the game it's called Tiger's Claw, and in the movie the Tiger Claw.

Chance- I'm sure everbody already knows that. It doesen't mean anything, it's still the same ship.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

in that case i take it Captain Eisen is the TCS Eisen right
a dif name usually means a dif ship
in this case they prolly did intead it to be the tigers claw but since the name was altered it no longer was the tigers claw but instead the tiger claw

There were many differences in the movie, but i think what your saying is highly unlikely, considering that would mean that blair and maniac were stationed to two carriers with almost identical names at almost the same time.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

the movie has a dif story line from the game
from what i can tell
in the game books i don't recall hearing of the pilgroms (SP?) nor was blair one of them
there for more than likely the ship is also dif and possably there is no tigers claw in the movies storyline

Of course the movie has a different story than the games, all games have a different story than the game before it. The story of the movie is set before the games. No there are no Pilgrims in any of the Bean novels, they were added in the WC Movie. There is no movie story line, the movie and the games are in the same universe. The name of the Claw doesen't mean anything, it's still the same ship. And didn't you ever hear about ships being renamed?

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Earthworm and Chance: To settle it, the Tiger's Claw was called the Tiger Claw in WCm because when Brits say Tiger's, it sounds kind of weird. It's the same ship.

However, the Movie is NOT the same WC universe as the games, I believe even LOAF will argee with that. I mean, our WCI game Kats looked nothing like the Kats in WCM. Plus, ther'e too many difference to say they are connect in the some continuity.

Games are one universe, novelizations are a sub-universe of the games, and the movie is aanother WC universe, After all, remember that in the games, Confed didn't believe that the Kat's had cloaking technolgy for ANY thing until AFTER Blair and Jazz caught them on tape(before Jazz started killing Claw survivors.) IN WCM, the Skipper missile was already in the warbooks.

Also, there was no Pilgrim War in the games. The whole Pilgrim thing was added by the guy who wrote the script for MK the movie. Roberts decided to use that for a Pilgrim Mandarian plot, but that got cut out by Fox.

Cmdr_X please don't start this again. The movie, games and novels ARE IN THE SAME UNIVERSE. And no LOAF will not agree with you on that, in fact I belive before the old board went down LOAF was arguing with you that they are in the same universe. I've said many times and I'll say it again the Cats look differetn in every game we see them, and they do look like cats. (just incase you're going to say the ones in the games look like cats and in the movie they don't)

>Games are one universe, novelizations are a sub-universe of the games, and the movie is aanother WC universe<

Now that's fu**ed up bull****t (excuse my language)

>After all, remember that in the games, Confed didn't believe that the Kat's had cloaking technolgy for ANY thing until AFTER Blair and Jazz caught them on tape(before Jazz started killing Claw survivors.) IN WCM, the Skipper missile was already in the warbooks.<

Wrong again, Confed didn't belive there were Kilrathi stealth fighters. The cloack on the skippers could have been to big to put on fighters, and later Kilrathi stoped using them for some years, because they didn't do more damage than torps (maybe a little more, remember in the movie someone asked if the Claw can take a hit from a Skipper, and they said no, because her shields weren't at full power) and although it wasn't proved that there were stealth fighters untill 10 years after the Claw was destroyed the Strakhas existed in 2656 (two years after the movie) and maybe even earlier. So the Cats probably had the technology even before the movie.

And to finish Cmdr_X acording to what you said on the old board, Prophecy wasn't in the same universe as the previous games so how can you say that the movie doesen't fit in.

>Also, there was no Pilgrim War in the games. The whole Pilgrim thing was added by the guy who wrote the script for MK the movie. Roberts decided to use that for a Pilgrim Mandarian plot, but that got cut out by Fox.<

Yes there was no Pilgrim War in the games because the war ended 20 years before the first game. Pilgrim Mandarian plot? You do of course know that Pilgrims and Mandarins are two different things? And the Pilgrim traitor subplot was cut by Chris Roberts, not fox, and fortunatly it's in the movie novel (which also is in the same universe as the games).

------------------

Wow, Chance, you're an idiot.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back