YAY! I'm done!

At least I think....

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/privr-wcu-thingy.zip

What's in it?

* Dynamically generated Wing Commander universe that looks half decent, has the proper bases, and so on.

* Ships for Kilrathi, Border Worlds, Landreich etc. which try to be historically accurate.

* You get to know which university I go to, if you pay attention to a certain base.

* All the stuff that was in there before.

* Generally, more ships around minding their own business. Frontier sectors will have more military activity, and so on.

If there is ANYTHING however small missing/incorrect either tell me here or email me at mkb@libero.it with the word PRIVR in the subject.

Coming up next, I hope:

- more military ships in war-involved systems
- a few extra guns and weapons to buy
- prettier turrets
- sleep, i hope @_@;

sorry for double posting ^^; i'm still uploading, so the file will be available about ten minutes after this message is posted.

This patch should be compatible with any version of privR including the next one. And yes I did fix the heatseeker missiles... so sorry about that.

okay, file uploaded... it's a lot bigger than before (13mb) but that's because of the new models.

Another thing I did was redo the comm satellite models so that they don't slow the pc down now. Be sure to not piss off military bases, their satellites are armed.

Please tell me ANYTHING that's wrong with it. Be merciless. I want to be done with this by the end of spring break. thanks ^-^

If I understand correctly, you've consolidated the turrets down to one type? I'm curious how that works. The two kinds in the base game have different ranges of motion. By making them all ball turrets have you rotated the Galaxy's top and bottom turrets to cover the same area the old Galaxy turrets covered? Also, have you seen the new Galaxy turrets? Finally replaced that old box model, I'm rather pleased with how they look..

Right now I'm using ball turrets on fighters and wc3 style turrets on capships and bases -- the motion range is all done in the subunit placement. The reason for this is that this way the player only sees one turret to buy and doesn't have to worry if it's top, bottom, or rear. The only exception to the capship rule are capships which can be bought by the player, those use ball turrets too. Havent seen the new turrets yet (which version? 1.0pre6?)

My download has all ball turrets for now, but for the big rigs it looks goofy so I am changing it.

Back