X2:The Threat, X3:Reunion

StarSlayer

Rear Admiral
Hey there, for those you looking for a Privateer-like game that takes the idea of open-ended single player gameplay farther than we have seen before until the WC:universe project, check out X2:the threat and it's graphically stunning sequel X3:reunion which is coming out very soon. X3's graphics are breathtaking, and the gameplay is very much like the original privateer with some additions: As many ships as you can afford. In-game "software and AIs" that can be installed to control them all. You can build vast empires of starbases and factories. You can capture enemy ships and make them your own...including some alien ones with mysterious weapons....

Just thought you might be interested....

X2 was good, but a little boring after awhile.
The cinematics were crap, worst cinematics ever :(

I found it interesting, and dissapointing, that they seemed to put so much effort into the graphics of ships, space, stations etc. And the characters looked like a series of crudely assembled puzzles cut from the back of cereal boxes.

What exactly is X2 like? I received it with my Video card I bought. Never did fire it up.
Since I'm taking a break from World of Warcraft (and can't afford anything new) I might as well give it ago.

Its like Privateer on steroids. The game itself is quite good but like Ghost said it can grow boring after a while. Also Egosoft seemed to focus more on gameplay then on a storyline. Nevertheless, its worth playing.

Ghost said:
X2 was good, but a little boring after awhile.
The cinematics were crap, worst cinematics ever :(

It really was, Oh man especially after Wing Commander and Freelancer.

I agree with the poor cinematics, but I found that actually having to put time and effort into turning a profit to be a nice challenge. As they say, the first million is the hardest, but once you get there, it's easier to maintain a steady stream of money with automated cargo transports, and later on your very own corporate sector.

There were fun ways to eliminate your competitors, too! When somebody built an ore mine close to one I owned, I managed to push an asteroid into it. By the game's definitions, it was the asteroid's fault and not mine, therefore my ratings didn't turn hostile :D

I am VERY eagerly awaiting X3 as much as I am for more Standoff.

Wulf said:
There were fun ways to eliminate your competitors, too! When somebody built an ore mine close to one I owned, I managed to push an asteroid into it. By the game's definitions, it was the asteroid's fault and not mine, therefore my ratings didn't turn hostile :D

You sure you're not thinking of the first game? In X2 IIRC asteroids couldn't be nudged (read a lot of posts whining about this when I played.)

I was able to play X the first game it was a bit wierd and confusing at first but got the hang on of it. The only thing that annoyed mean was the ship would start spinning around I have have to cut the engines and wait for the ship to stop spinning. That was the only annoying thing about it.
The second X have not seen much about it but heard some ok reviews about it, might have to find a copy of it what does X3 have to say ??

Too many games too choose from. But then it has to be worthwhile and worth to be called a classic..

Back