X-box live

ck9791

Rear Admiral
This question doesn't directly have to do with Arena, but it does have to to with X-box live. I hope maybe someone with more knowledge of x-box live can answer this for me.

Yesterday afternoon and today I have been unable to connect to X-box live. I have run the network test multiple times and each time everything checks out but I haven't been able to connect since yesterday afternoon. Previously when i tried to connect it would just stop and offer me a chance to try to connect again. Now i get a message on one of the blades saying that it is unable to connect and it gives me the option to run the network test or tells me i should try recovering my id. I did run the network test again and it still checks out fine. I don't want to try recovering my id unless i really have to, i've heard horror stories about people losing their data doing this. According to the x-box website http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support there are some "intermittent issues" being worked on.

My question is, if i play a game like Mass Effect or Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and i earn achievements, will these achievements be uptdated and show up the next time I am able to connect to live, or do they not count since i earned them when i wasn't connected?

They will be applied whenever it is able to connect to live. I noticed yesterday at my friend's house that live was being odd as well.

Yeah mine started having problems yesterday afternoon and I've been unable to connect since. I went on the xbox website today and saw a lot of people complaining, and I also saw the status message on the support page about "problems".

It doesn't bother me that much, since I am working on Mass Effect and Lego Star Wars TCS right now and I can still play those. It would annoy me though if I earned an achievement in the game but it didn't count on my profile because I couldn't connect to live at the time I was playing.

Thanks for answering my question.

Hmm, but I realized that Arena did not save some of my high scores in the gauntlet / meteor storm when I was not connected. I was quite a bit annoyed because I have been absolutely unable to reach my gauntlet highscore again since then.

Hmm, but I realized that Arena did not save some of my high scores in the gauntlet / meteor storm when I was not connected. I was quite a bit annoyed because I have been absolutely unable to reach my gauntlet highscore again since then.

That's one of the reasons I was asking, I remembered you saying that Arena didn't save your score or achievement because you weren't connected. I didn't know if all games were like that, or only XBLA games were.

It doesn't bother me that much, since I am working on Mass Effect and Lego Star Wars TCS right now and I can still play those. It would annoy me though if I earned an achievement in the game but it didn't count on my profile because I couldn't connect to live at the time I was playing.

High scores require an active connection at the time you score them to be transmitted and sent. Achievements do get saved however, and are updated when you next connect online. The only difference is they will not have a datestamp like the achievements you get while connected to the service.

I have also heard about intermittent issues with XBox live recently. It has to do with the holidays. More people have the service than ever now, and they're all playing their new Christmas games this weekend.

Back