Would there be interest in this?

Adm_maverick

Rear Admiral
Hey all. So I've started getting into some live streaming recently and I'm thinking about what games and material I'm going to do with it long term. Well surprise surprise, the idea of Wing Commander popped into my head. However I would need to put some time and effort in the pre-streaming side of things for Wing Commander so I wanted to ask if this is something that there would be any interest in? Namely a live stream of the games. Probably start with either the original Wing Commander if I can get it and OBS to play nice to together, or with Heart of the Tiger if there's more interest in that. So... interest? Yah? Nah? Maybe? Gonna get a beer and think about it?

I'd watch it :)

Of course you'll want to save the stream for posterity in case some of us might or might not be able to watch it live?

Just do it :)

did anyone else just have this flash through your head?
maxresdefault.jpg

Do eeeet! :) I've done three Wing Commander livestreams now, with a fourth coming up in about three weeks... they're tremendously fun to put together!

Hey all. So I've started getting into some live streaming recently and I'm thinking about what games and material I'm going to do with it long term. Well surprise surprise, the idea of Wing Commander popped into my head. However I would need to put some time and effort in the pre-streaming side of things for Wing Commander so I wanted to ask if this is something that there would be any interest in? Namely a live stream of the games. Probably start with either the original Wing Commander if I can get it and OBS to play nice to together, or with Heart of the Tiger if there's more interest in that. So... interest? Yah? Nah? Maybe? Gonna get a beer and think about it?

If that sounds like fun to you, then by all means, you should absolutely do it. I will say that everybody is doing this now. A new series of Wing Commander play throughs by a video game vlogger pops up on YouTube every other day, so we don't really report on them anymore.

What I think would be fantastic would be if someone did a regular Wing Commander streaming show. Pick a random trivial topic about Wing Commander and explore/discuss it in some depth. It's something we've talked about before (in fact, we started the site doing so in audio form), but we just haven't had anywhere near the time to make it happen.

Do eeeet! :) I've done three Wing Commander livestreams now, with a fourth coming up in about three weeks... they're tremendously fun to put together!

Any chance of a link to your past streams, Bandit? Don't want to re-tread what you've already done.

If that sounds like fun to you, then by all means, you should absolutely do it. I will say that everybody is doing this now. A new series of Wing Commander play throughs by a video game vlogger pops up on YouTube every other day, so we don't really report on them anymore.

What I think would be fantastic would be if someone did a regular Wing Commander streaming show. Pick a random trivial topic about Wing Commander and explore/discuss it in some depth. It's something we've talked about before (in fact, we started the site doing so in audio form), but we just haven't had anywhere near the time to make it happen.

Hmm, perhaps something more akin to an 'active commentary' on the games. Sort of like a directors/special look at commentary track on a movie. Like I would still play the game, but while playing the game I would talk about the history of the in-game universe, and the history of the fighter craft, or what could have influenced the game and what the game itself influenced.

Hmm, perhaps something more akin to an 'active commentary' on the games. Sort of like a directors/special look at commentary track on a movie. Like I would still play the game, but while playing the game I would talk about the history of the in-game universe, and the history of the fighter craft, or what could have influenced the game and what the game itself influenced.

Yeah, that would go a long way to help differentiate and get your project noticed by fellow fans.

not exactly Wing Commander related, and not exactly related to the discussion in this particular thread. But my next stream will be focused on scratch building with cardboard. Which is what I'm using for the mock building processes in my Excalibur Model project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back