Worst Fighter in the game

Why would you possibly use a charging mass driver while flying a Wasp? The Dust Cannon alone takes out the toughest targets...

Have to agree with the sentiment that anything without afterburner sucks horribly. If you don't have this speed burst option, I don't care what kind of craft you're flying...you're dead.

The Hellcat and the Tigershark. Always seemed to take forever to kill anything in a Hellcat (ESPECIALLY, for whatever reason, those Kilrathi asteroid fighters), and seeing as how the Tigershark was supposed to be the "successor" to the Hellcat...well, the would-be word "suck" in "successor" sure fit the mold. I have better luck killing things in a Shrike than in a Tigershark, weird as that may sound.

Black Wasp in Secret Ops had dust cannons. No dust cannons in Prophecy; the Wasp has CMD's and tachyons there.

The Hellcat and the Tigershark. Always seemed to take forever to kill anything in a Hellcat (ESPECIALLY, for whatever reason, those Kilrathi asteroid fighters), and seeing as how the Tigershark was supposed to be the "successor" to the Hellcat...well, the would-be word "suck" in "successor" sure fit the mold. I have better luck killing things in a Shrike than in a Tigershark, weird as that may sound.

As has been said upthread and elsewhere:

You have to adapt your flying style depending on the fighter... the Tigershark has a relatively weak gun load, but a better missile load than the Piranha. It's meant to be a jack-of-all-trades fighter.

I liked the Tigershark- the charging mass drivers and rocket pod were awesome. It was a competent fighter all the way around, which is more then I can say about the stupid hellcat :-p

I really did hate the Hornet. Weak armour, weak Shielding, and a pair of weak ass guns. Ferret and Epee were great improvements over that turd.

I hate the standoff gladii...

Loved the tigershark and the hellcat...

The gladii is the only fighter I really hate...

I hate the standoff gladii...

Loved the tigershark and the hellcat...

The gladii is the only fighter I really hate...

Why is everyone raggin on the Standoff Gladii?? I thought it was overpowered in comparison to its counterparts in other games.

To me the Standoff Gladius felt like it needed shields about the same thickness as the Rapier. Otherwise it felt pretty decently balanced against the Rapier--same gun load but wider spread and weaker capacitor, less speed, but more armor and a pair of torpedoes--believable as a cheap fighter-bomber for places where a Sabre is not available. Yes it was inferior to the Sabre in most ways, but that was kind of the point.

Black Wasp in Secret Ops had dust cannons. No dust cannons in Prophecy; the Wasp has CMD's and tachyons there.

True, but the tachyons are pretty much killers up close, too.

If I could, I'd fly a Wasp in every mission. I love that ship.

As has been said upthread and elsewhere:

You have to adapt your flying style depending on the fighter... the Tigershark has a relatively weak gun load, but a better missile load than the Piranha. It's meant to be a jack-of-all-trades fighter.

Well sure, I can understand adapting the flying style, but when you've got an underpowered gun loadout, missiles only do so much because, obviously, you only have so many missiles. And maybe it's just me, but I'm not much of a fan of CMDs simply because, in a knife fight, if you miss that shot, it takes a lot longer to be able to charge up the capacitors for another shot, even if you change guns completely. Not the most ideal situation for needing to chew away at shields and armor. If you've got, say, a stupid Manta or Devil Ray charging in, then it's a great weapon. But for the slippery bugger ACM type of bug pilot, it's far from ideal.

And while going on gun loadouts between the Tigershark and the Piranha, I'd rather fly a Piranha. The capacitors for the latter aren't very powerful, but you can switch between that and the Stormfire...do this enough times, and you've got a pretty effective gun combo good for quick kills.

Why does it seem like no one mentions the Panther? I LOVED that prophecy fighter. Ion and Tach guns, with decent speed and one cool design... never enjoyed flying the Vampire half as much.

You loved it and wonder why it hasn't shown up in a thread about peoples least favorite fighters?

Why does it seem like no one mentions the Panther?

I actually disliked the Panther intensely. It felt like Prophecy's answer to the Hellcat V - just a common workhorse fighter that didn't have much in the way of speed or stopping power.

Why does it seem like no one mentions the Panther? I LOVED that prophecy fighter. Ion and Tach guns, with decent speed and one cool design... never enjoyed flying the Vampire half as much.

While this is the wrong thread for it, I liked the Panther in WCP as well. It was nothing fancy and most certainly less powerful than the Vampire or even Wasp but I liked it's gun combination and it didn't seem overpowered.

I didn't like the Black Pather though. I didn't like the new guns, especially not the Chain Ions, and it lost it's balanced feel for me.

Hi,

I always hated Ferrets.
I don't like their cocpit (one vdu, lame shield/ armour display). I even preffered Epees over them..

Back