Wing One Goes Mainstream (April 18, 2017)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!

Did you miss out on The Fatman's Wing Commander soundtrack, Wing One? Good news: it's now available via mainstream digital music storefronts including Amazon and iTunes. The 27-track album includes all of the music from the original Wing Commander recorded using a Roland MT-32 (plus a few surprises, including a lullaby version of one track and a live recording of the theme from CES!) It's also available for purchase through Amazon's international sites, so no matter where you are you can add a copy to your digital library!

--
Original update published on April 18, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole album is one of my favorites on my Android playlists, and you know I have to have them jamming in my headset/Cadillac/wherever.

Blends wonderfully into Oldziey's album.

I can live without, "Go to sleep you pilots..." That was a little off-putting but I absolutely loved Surf Commander; great sound looping out on the patio.

Hopefully, the new distribution channels will drive up his sales. Last I heard from Sanger the amount of folks who've purchased the album were in the lower double-digits. I hope that has since been rectified.

I don't know...I've found myself singing "Go to sleep, you pilots..." when I want my children to go to bed.

Never works, of course.

You get to the end of that song, the part where he's saying "don't push that button" and I hear the voice of Ego from The 7th Guest every time. I know The Fat Man was involved with that game; I'd love to hear about some anecdotes about his involvement with it one of these days. Found out just the other day there's a Kickstarter ongoing to make a board game version of it.

Back