Wing Commander: Unknown Enemy

Pedro: the only reason I was asking is because I was supposed to do one of the voices and was wondering if I'd get the chance to do them before I turn 30
rolleyes.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of training ships are either scrapped or scuttled.

Maybe the Intrepid could be used to lure the bugs into a trap. Or the Intrepid is programmed to follow a course leading the bugs away from an combined invasion force, and as the bugs hit the intrepid, the fleet strikes. Just some ideas I came up with in a few seconds.

...Or it has been dispatched to serve as a transport for the fighters off the BWS Dauntless, which is, after all, heading to the scrapyard. I think that's the most likely answer
wink.gif

Keep coming up with those ideas Quarto
smile.gif
Looking forward to seeing your first drafts.

Yes... ideas are never a problem. It's writing them down, and then ironing out all the inconsistencies that's problematic
smile.gif
. But I'll get around to it soon enough...

Or because of the lack of any real military, the Intrepid is still in use, as it's not the only *old* ship in the BW inventory. Personaly thogh, I'd love to see some Rangers in the game.

Not the worst idea, EW. They never did say where all those Rangers went to. Be a shame to waste such a "classic design".
biggrin.gif

Classic. Right.
smile.gif

But yeah, why not? They are utter junk, after all
smile.gif
. What I'm concerned about is what ships will Confed use. Is there a Concordia (class - as in, the Lexington) for SO?

Do they look exactly the same, though? I wouldn't want to cheat the way WC designers usually did
smile.gif

As far as I know, basically they are. They even have the same number of turrets from what I recall. Problem is if you're making your own ship, you may only get a maximum of 6 turrets. I really don't see the point in making a whole new class ship that is only slightly larger, other than that identical to a Ranger. Sure there are more fighters, but you'd think they would build a far better ship.

it could be done pretty easily, making a a ranger and a concordia. could usedifferent mats even if you want them to look different. and the six turrets isn't that much of a problem with some good placement and weapons choice. i couldn't do it completely myself, but between killer wave and i, we seem to be able to do most of the stuff we set our minds to.
smile.gif

Back