Wing Commander: Unknown Enemy

Pedro

Admiral
Another group WAS going to take over (don't know what happened there) anyway rather than let what we have goto waste I'm asking for help with a new, less ambitious plot.
We have a bengal class capship, a new bridge, splash, access to kilrathi comms, ships etc. What I need is someone to write a Secret Ops add-on using these things which should be of no more than around 8 missions, so really just a mini game.
Additional details on request.
Try not to include anything too fancy so it can be completed in a short time.
To save time and limit the help required, text, not voice overs will be used and fiction can be included at the writers discression.
Don't forget to include ideas for a neat intro etc. Also if its any use a completed scene for UE was the Intrepid being destroyed by the bugs.
Any offers e-mail me at pedro_ue@yahoo.co.uk
This is really so as to ensure some of what has been done gets put to good use.

To clear things up hes asking for the mission outlines, fiction etc, not the actually mission coding
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one small Q about WC:UE. i saw a fuw cool screenshots on your site, but if it sets in SOs time, why is there a Bengal class ship. wouldn't that be SUPER old by now...???

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Actually, the Bengal would be no older than the Rangers were in 2669.

I'd also be willing to write fiction, mission outlines, and anything else that does not require me to do any actual game editing. But only if the whole thing remains WC-realistic, which the UE plot most certainly was not.
smile.gif

Ok first let me say when most people said it wasn't realistic they misunderstood something and as for the bengal yes it would be "SUPER old" thats why in UE's plot it was scheduled to be scrapped.
Anyway Quatro if you take up the task the plot is as beleiveable and realistic as you make it, its your task to write the plot.
So those of you who have offered to help the question is how well do you think you can handle it (ie how good is your english, writing skills, imagination and wing commander knowlege) also which tasks would you want to take up? The fiction, outlines, text, intro, missions?

Oh and I forgot to mention, all this would need to be done by the summer at the latest so work on the missions can begin.

How good is my English, imagination, WC knowledge, and so on? If you have a few spare minutes, go to the FanFic forum, select "show all threads", and you can find out for yourself. I think I can say without being branded a show-off that I am at least reasonably skilled.

As for which role I take, that depends on how many roles you let me usurp
biggrin.gif
. Like I said before, I'm willing to do anything that doesn't involve any actual game editing (which I've no experience with whatsoever). At the very least, however, I'd like to do the basic storyline.

BTW, do you have any requirements (i.e. the time period, the factions involved, etc.) for the storyline?

I have the writing skills, the question is a matter of time. It's almost summer now, so I don't know if I can be a great help with exams going on, plus I need to get working on my site.

I do have a fair amount of WC knowledge, despite appearances. Haven't yet seen the movie, saw very little of the academy show, and I haven't played much privateer.

By this summer, what date are you looking at? I'd be willing to do just about anything short of lengthy story writing, after the 15th I should have far more time.

Good question. When you say summer, do you mean, the end of the N. Hemisphere school year?

By summer I mean mid July, so that the production can take place during the holiday.
As for requirements:-
Factions: You can use Confed, Border World, Kilrathi, Bugs or Pirates, but please no black lance
Time scale: Upto you
Also since text can be displayed onscreen, short prologues are possible at the end of each mission
The story line is entirely upto you, I won't mess with your ideas
Quarto I checked the fanfic forum and found thousands (well a hell of a lot) of entries from you, I looked at one and was impressed enough
smile.gif

I won't stop you from taking on all the roles if you so wish, just don't take more than you can comfortably handle.

There are just a few requirements
Since the CIC room was made for a Bengal class ship, the cap ship involved should be bengal and therefore belong to a faction like the border worlds
We have a scene where thousands of bugs warp in and blow up the intrepid, see if you can fit that into your plot, it looks great
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pedro (edited May 05, 2000).]

Oh hell, mid July, I can help out then.
Hmm, I offer to work with the mission outlines, or prolongs, which ever. I may have ideas for making a decent Bengal-Class ship feasable for the era.
Blowing up Intrepid, hehe dozens of possibilities there, but I thought that ship was a training vessel for the Academy...
So we need the UBW, huh? Hey Quarto, if you do a couple factions, I can whip up some stuff for one or two others.

Hmm... does the Bengal have the UBW logo on it (either on the inside or on the outside)?

BTW, am I allowed to use any of the other converted models (especially the Kilrathi ships done for the WC1 conversion), or will that be too much trouble in some way?

Anyway, if mid-July is the deadline, then fear not. Thou shalt have thy mini-campaign
smile.gif

In regards to the Intrepid scene... well, if it looks great, then it would be good to use it. I'll definitely keep it in mind. BTW, is it the Intrepid, or just any old Durango (or whatever the Intrepid's class was)? Hmm, but either way... yes... maybe...

<in other words, I'm getting ideas
smile.gif
>

Death's Head: I'd rather design the factions' roles all by myself, since I'd very much like to have control over the basic plot. Still, you can do the mission outlines
smile.gif

Anyone got any info on WC marine corps? Is it ever gonna get finished?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Its the intrepid, the bengal does have the BWS Dauntless written on it but that could be altered.
You can use any models which have already been converted but none which would require conversion.
As for the intrepid being a training vessel I never heard anything like that however if it happened in one of the books we were ignoring those, some of the things in the books were diffrent to the games and we were trying to be true to the games.
No Regret as for Marine Corps I was supposed to be updating the site but I stopped hearing anything from them, I couldn't update it right now anyway as my personal PC is offline right now.

i've made a border worlds bengal (made several BW ships)
http://members.xoom.com/snuzzleduck/bengal.jpg
http://members.xoom.com/snuzzleduck/bengal2.jpg

if link doesn't work, just type in the address. seem to have a problem with xoom that way. basically just made it look a little more modern with some red stripes and a big BW logo. actual model was made by HCl, I just made the new texture.

[This message has been edited by snuzzleducky (edited May 06, 2000).]

Firstly HCl didn't make the model, he just converted the 3D model someone else made for another project to prophecy format and secoundly, I preffer the textures you are using, mind if we borrow them
smile.gif

Did you by any chance notice that Blair was teaching the cadets onboard the Intrepid
smile.gif
?

But even if it is a training vessel, I think I can think of something
biggrin.gif

Now then... where did I put that map jpg? Oh, dammit, I didn't take a copy with me. Looks like it's time to visit Navpoint! again...

Back