Wing Commander Total Conversion: XWA

I'd download it immediately too, but 21 megs on a wednesday would make my phone bill skyrocket... I'm gonna have to wait until saturday to download it... argh! :(

--Eder

I am lacking XWA as well... but is there any chance the screenshots index page could be 'unforbidden', I'd like to 'drool' over them again, if you don't mind. :)

Well...

Most of the recent screenshots *can* be seen on the Fanprojects page of this very site.

Although, there are a couple of spiffy ships missing from that page that you'll have to play the mod to see...

Whoa... who made those perfect Venture, Gladius, Talon, Centurion, P1 Drayman, Rapier G, and Ralari models?? Hey wait a minute... that's not my Ralari anymore, is it? ;)

Seriously though... I love the Scimitar, Crossbow, and the WC2 Kilrathi Capship (I never get their names right)... can't wait to see what the couple of spiffy missing ships are :D

--Eder

I volunteer to test it! I have XWA and I love WC, As soon as i get home i'll d/l it! I've got it here at school already. it looks l33t. GREAT WORK KEEP IT UP!!!!!

Re: Well...

Originally posted by dreddnott
Most of the recent screenshots *can* be seen on the Fanprojects page of this very site.
Hey! I already know that! :) It's just that CIC sometimes alters the pics slightly, sometimes cutting down JPEG detail, sometimes reducing resolution.

Sorry, Darkmage, but this is probably the *final* release.

I hope you all enjoy it anyways...

Yes, Eder, we owe you a *bit* of thanks for helping start the mod. :rolleyes:

The Crossbow model is Erai's, and was mapped by me, the WC2 capship you're thinking of is probably the Ralatha (model by Brad, textures by me), and the Scimitar is -all- Hawkeye's. A lot of people put lots of stuff in this mod...

Almost every WC1 ship is in, excepting the Dorkathi, Dorkir, Lumbari, Exeter (waagh), Sivar Dreadnought and Starpost.
WC2 is a little more spotty, with every util. ship missing along with the starbases, Waterloo-class, and the Sabre, of all ships...

That's what I call a do-it-yourself...

The only tool to convert these models to an editable format (as the mapping is done in the XWA OPT format itself by the proprietary software, ACE_DXF and not in something like Max or Lightwave) is by opening them in ACE_DXF and converting to DXF and textures. You'll have a handy-dandy universal wireframe (albeit with no mapping information) and all the textures in their original resolution (10 or so 256x256 and a bunch of smaller ones).

During the construction of this mod, I have upon request given whatever wireframes and/or textures were requested of me by other mod makers...so a few should be hanging around in the 'proper' formats.

I would have really liked an OPT > 3DS converter. This would have made things so much simpler...Of course, 3DS > OPT would have ruled even more.

i downloaded it and followed all your instructions dreddnott, but for some reason after i have applied the .zt patch the game won't run at all, any suggestions?

"what, i don't know that!" <is catapulted from the bridge of death>

seriously, i think i might need to patch up to 2.02 (1.06 rings a bell, but that might be a steel strength conversion ratio, i can't remember), any idea where to get it?
i don't know about the international version thingy, is there any way to find out?

Back