All the things you described here (starfield and texture aligmenet bugs) were already present in the OpenGL package, nothing new hereFollowing mission launch I did notice a Blitch with the Panthers VDU display there is a line along the right side of the image. The Star field look freaking amazing though! Where there any modifications made to the chain ion firing effect? The pulses seem to be brighter than I remember them being in the original secret ops.
The texture alignment problem that you can see left of the Panther and bottom of the Moray VDU images is a problem of the original game that is also present in DirectX mode. I fixed a bunch of those by having a 2D artist (Thanks @Filler !) remake most of the cockpit resource images in higher-resolution. I am trying to get a bunch of other images redone for a future release (ie. guns amd missiles images).
I also added a few lighting effects to some of the original materials (explosions, laser bolts, etc) so they emit light or add up. You can disable this by unticking the "Enhanced lighting" OpenGL option.
I don't think this has anything to do with the high-res models; AI are just... dumb sometimesI don't know if this has anything to do with the hi DEF upgrade pack or not but during the first Playthru of the first mission of secret ops maestro ran directly into an asteroid.
For the high-res models package I think what should be on the lookout for is:
- Are the model proportions faithful ?
- Is the scale of the model correct ?
- Is the collision sphere (shields / bounce) the same as the original ?
- Do we get a crash when some specific ship is shown in the game ?
- Is the lighting correct on the model ? (Sun reflection, parts that should always be lit, etc)
- Are the moving parts moving as expected ?
- Are the engine flames at the right coordinates (and correctly show afterburners) ?
- Do we see seems (cracks) in the models ?