Wing COmmander Prophecy Movies Skipping!

Naféasonto

Swabbie
Banned
All of a sudden for NO APPARENT REASON, my movies are skipping no matter what movie it is. I don't understand why this is happening.

I seem to have the same problem,I would also like to find out what causes it, someone told me it was because I have windows ME . What is the true cause

Doesn't make sense...

Why all of a sudden this is happening, this never happened before, there is go to be an alternative then disabling the sound acceleration. What else could be causeing it, cause it was working befor,e then all of a sudden just started up.

You mean you had WCP working fine before? Did you install any new hardware or software recently? Or tinker with system stuff? I know I do sometimes.

Nope.

I didn't play around with anything that would make it do this, i saw a similar post of the person getting the latest drivers for sound card which i already have, damn this prophecy is so buggy.

I'm with Wedge. Turning off the sound acceleration in DirectX does not disable the sound in Prophecy.

I had the same problem with my comp so I e-mailed EA's tech support team and they gave the same solution as Wedge.

It worked.. :)

Im another one with the same pain-in-the-arse movie skipping problem....the thing is ive turned off sound hardware acceleration and the problem still persists. Is there anything else i can do ?

I'm in the same state... and I've followed all the suggestions in this thread.

In a nutshell:
- I've installed and upgraded to DirectX 8.0a
- Installed latest NVidia drivers
- Turned off all Video and sound acceleration
- Even turned off DMA access and buffered look ahead to my DVD/CDRom

End result??? It's better... now the intro movie takes about 16 seconds to go from startup to the login screen instead of 12.

I'm running a 1.3 GHz Athalon w/256 DDR RAM, SOundBlaster Live! and a NVidia GeoForce 2 MX400 graphics card.

Works fine though, on my son's K6-233 with a Voodoo3.

Even EA tech support hasn't been able to help.

Have you tried playing it on a system with a different sound card? I don't remember, but I might have heard that SBLive is kinda pissy with WCP. It might not be, I don't know.

Either way, you might want to try it on a system with a different sound card.

Gameplay works fine... and all audio is great...

It's just the movies that experience "hyperwarp".

My son's computer has an AWE64 and everything's fine.

I won't purchase a new audio card until I'm convinced that's the problem (and even then I gotta think about dropping $100+ for one specific game)

Well, if all the other things aren't working, I'm convinced it's the SBLive. But hey, it's a matter of opinion I guess.

Actually... I'm more inclined to suspect the Video Card. nVidia never promised to fully support the 3Dfx protocols when they bought them out.

I've noticed that when I turn off all accelleration, the Launcher program only gives me the option of selecting "software" as my video card. Otherwise, it adds "Direct3D" to the list.

On my son's machine (running a true Voodoo3 3Dfx card) he gets an additional option of "3Dfx".

If my GeForce2 was truly upwardly compatible, I expect that the software would recognize it and give me the 3Dfx option.

I don´t think that you can play WCP in 3dfx with a Geforce2, when you turn off the graphic acceleration you can play only in software mode because.....you re turning off the acceleration ! :)
And you can play WCP in 3dfx with your son´s pc because he has a true 3dfx card.
The only truly 3dfx compatible card is the one that have a 3dfx chip ! :p

Back