Wing Commander IV GOG Dos Version Joystick Not Working with Logitech Extreme 3d Pro

Triumphus

Rear Admiral
Hi fellow Wing Commanders,

Hope all is well!

I have a really strange issue. I have a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Joystick that works perfectly with Wing Commander 2 and Wing Commander 3 (Gog editions) but in Wing Commander 4 the only thing that works is the trigger.

Calibration works perfectly but in flight the joystick won't move at all, nor do any of the other buttons function except the trigger (which fires the guns). I have the alt-O and pregame launch settings both on "joystick".

Any idea how to fix this issue? I'd really like to use the stick to play this awesome game!

Thanks for any help!

Make sure you do not have any other USB game controlers or peripherals plugged in while trying to run the game. There's an ancient bug where if more than one controller or stick or combination is connected, the games get confused. Also, you'll wnat to go into your game controller settings in windows and make sure the stick you want to play with is set to the primary. I can't guarantee this is the exact issue you're running into but give it a shot and we can at least eliminate it as a possible culprit.

Make sure you do not have any other USB game controlers or peripherals plugged in while trying to run the game. There's an ancient bug where if more than one controller or stick or combination is connected, the games get confused. Also, you'll wnat to go into your game controller settings in windows and make sure the stick you want to play with is set to the primary. I can't guarantee this is the exact issue you're running into but give it a shot and we can at least eliminate it as a possible culprit.
Thanks! This seemed to work!

hi, i got the same problem, all buttons work and calibration also works without issues, but ingame the movement doesn't work at all and i don't know how to fix it. the only other two USB devices i use are mouse and keyboard and for obvious reasons i can't just unplug them.

as for the game controller settings, it only shows my logitech attack 3, which i want to use to play the game.

played WC1, 2 & 3 over the last few days without problems.
i don't want to play the DVD version of WC4 due to the lack of windowed mode and not being able to remap joystick buttons.
does anyone of you have an idea on how to fix the joystick movement issue for DOS WC4?

Back