Wing Commander Goes Green (June 11, 2010)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Welcome to the mirror universe! The below screenshots are not, in fact, from Wing Commander--they're from the opening scenes of Retrograde, a 2004 direct-to-video action movie starring Dolph Lundgren. What's going on here? Both movies were produced in Luxembourg by the Carousel Picture Company, which apparently decided to recycle some of Chris Roberts' sets and props--the Tiger's Claw flight deck, Rapiers, marine rifles and armor and so on--to decorate post-apocalyptic Los Angeles circa 2204.

--
Original update published on June 11, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think the tanker's bridge is the Concordia bridge redressed.

Amazingly, it was all an accident--LeHah and I found "Retrograde" on Netflix Streaming and thought it might be a good movie to watch together on Xbox Live (you know--a cheesy sci fi movie we could joke around about). Then the movie opened on the Tiger's Claw flight deck and we were shocked to see WC marines and Rapiers:)

That's an awesome story, and it really is funny seeing the marine uniforms out of context.

So... was the movie the cheesy flick you thought it would be?

Amazingly, it was all an accident--LeHah and I found "Retrograde" on Netflix Streaming and thought it might be a good movie to watch together on Xbox Live (you know--a cheesy sci fi movie we could joke around about). Then the movie opened on the Tiger's Claw flight deck and we were shocked to see WC marines and Rapiers:)

I love these unexpected revelations. That's just life! :)

Back