wing commander fleet action

Jdawg

Commodore
does anybody know where I can buy the book. I know gog has it in the package when you buy wc3 but I want the actual book. I found a couple of sites selling it but never heard of the sites before, so I figured I would ask here if anyone knows of a reputable site selling the book.

I just bought fleet action for 4 dollars so if I like it what other books should I buy, the other one that looks really interesting is false colors

I just bought fleet action for 4 dollars so if I like it what other books should I buy, the other one that looks really interesting is false colors

All of them, of course! They are all great in their own ways. Fleet Action actually follows the events of End Run. You don't need to read End Run to understand Fleet Action, but I'd recommend doing so.

Actually I found all of them nice to read. Freedom Flight is pretty funny and the WC3+WC4 novels are really informative, even though I don't like Blairs decisions in the books compared to what I did in the games.

EDIT: Action Stations is my favourite I think.

Actually I found all of them nice to read. Freedom Flight is pretty funny and the WC3+WC4 novels are really informative, even though I don't like Blairs decisions in the books compared to what I did in the games.

thanks yall I will start here bc several people have told me it is the best and then I will go from there

I read somewhere that the wing commander 4 novel does not follow the game at all, which is why I dont want to read it bc I think the story of wc4 is pretty perfect.

I don't think reading it will alter how you view the game. If anything, it might flesh out some areas more for you.

I might get to it eventually but I dont want to change the image of wc4 in my head

Though the novel deviates from the game quiet a bit (Catscratch is in the book for, what, 10 pages?), I found the book added a lot to the overall story.

Though the novel deviates from the game quiet a bit (Catscratch is in the book for, what, 10 pages?), I found the book added a lot to the overall story.

I also read that blair has an affair with sosa which never happens or is even hinted at in the game. the only mild flirtation I see is between blair and panther

I also read that blair has an affair with sosa which never happens or is even hinted at in the game. the only mild flirtation I see is between blair and panther

Yup. And what will really cook your noodle is that since the book is sanctioned by EA, its just as "canon" as the game.

But no "translation to novel" should be word for word rote. Thats boring. In fact, the WC3 novel takes quite a few liberties (one I definitely disagree with) and I enjoy the game that much more for it.

Yup. And what will really cook your noodle is that since the book is sanctioned by EA, its just as "canon" as the game.

But no "translation to novel" should be word for word rote. Thats boring. In fact, the WC3 novel takes quite a few liberties (one I definitely disagree with) and I enjoy the game that much more for it.
I agree a novel should fill in gaps and expand the characters, WC4 was ripe with characters to expand on like vagabond who is still a mystery in wc4, I dont think a novel should leave out main characters and create love stories where in the official game they are never there.

Yeah, I was annoyed that Blair's entire squadron except for Maniac and Vagabond were KIA in the book. Sure, Cobra died in the game no matter what, but Flash, Vaquero, and Flint all died with none of them ejecting.

Yeah, I was annoyed that Blair's entire squadron except for Maniac and Vagabond were KIA in the book. Sure, Cobra died in the game no matter what, but Flash, Vaquero, and Flint all died with none of them ejecting.

You gotta thin the herd some!

That said, I usually picked Flint over Rachel - but from a writer's perspective, you have to pick one and stick with it. I don't blame him for the choices he made. All it does is open up the universe in ways I wouldn't have gone as a player, which makes everything way more interesting in the long run.

fleet action just showed up in the mail, in great condition not bad for 5 cents lol, about to start reading it

im with the kids by the pool so its play time but I read the prologue and chapter 1 so far, its great so far. I love learning more about the kilrathi. they are pretty interesting. its also great seeing a diffierent side of tolwyn, even though in my minds eye its hard bc Malcolm played him in such a certain way.

im on chapter 7 of the book and LOVING IT. I love how it jumps back and forth from the confed side to the kalrathi side, and the power struggle there. there have only been two fights so far but the book is mounting in tension. does anyone know the missile that locked onto hunter in chapter 6, it avoided IFF codes and chaffs and stayed locked onto him, I do not remember any missiles like that in wc3 or saga

Back