Wing Commander CCG cards

In the main set of 312 there were 90 commons, 100 uncommons, 100 rares and 22 nav points. There were also an additional 2 promo cards. In each booster pack you'd get 8 commons, 4 uncommons, 2 rares and a nav point. We have card lists and things in the CCG section. https://www.wcnews.com/wcccg/

I had a dream last week that LOAF was upset at how little we played the WC CCG at DragonCon last year, so he issued each person a starter deck at the 2006 meet-up to make sure they'd play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, I'd love to collect them. But alas I learned of the game far too late to get a complete collection.

Strangely, the CCG was the first thing I knew of WC outside of comic book ads. I still have my deck somewhere and the rules. I've never played the game but knowing what I know about CCGs from the 1990s, this one seemed like a lot of fun to play.

ChrisReid said:
I had a dream last week that LOAF was upset at how little we played the WC CCG at DragonCon last year, so he issued each person a starter deck at the 2006 meet-up to make sure they'd play.

That is the strangest dream I have ever heard of.

Yeah, in reality LOAF was really glad the CCG didn't take over the convention like in 2004.

I wish I would've known about the ccg when it was around! It sounds like a really fun game! Are there any known places to get a hold of it anymore? Or is Ebay the only one?

Occasionally a rare card shop will show up with a few cards, but it's really just eBay. A complete set is much harder to get than a Kilrathi Saga, and it'll only get harder. I recommend people start sooner rather than later if they want to collect. There are only a handful of people I know of here who have them all.

ya, I got lucky, Ive been lookin on ebay for a long time for the cards and finally found a terran starter deck for about $10 CAN. I cant wait for them to arrive!:D

I just ordered a Terran and a Kilrathi starter kit shipped for $20, probably not the greatest deal but I figured it was worth it. Some guy has a 400 card collection on ebay right now but my personal recommendation would be to stay away from it. The guy is a brand new registered user with absolutely no feedback...doesn't sound very encouraging to me.

I guess I feel lucky that I just pinched 2 boxes from a local convention last weekend. 1 starter display and 1 booster display...US$10 for both.

With the 2 starters and 12 boosters I purchased 10 years ago(!), I'm now just looking to swap out cards with someone in order to get quantities of cards that I would be happy with...10 of each Common, 4 of each Uncommon and 1 or 2 of each Rare. If anyone can help me out with that, just drop me a line.

TopGun said:
You sure are lucky

Seeing how much the auction on eBay went for, I would now have to agree with you.

When the game came out 10 years ago, I only ever saw it for sale at one store. Fortunately for me, it was my LGS. I purchased 2 starters and 12 boosters then, and that was all I had up until 2 weeks ago.

J.L. Robert said:
I guess I feel lucky that I just pinched 2 boxes from a local convention last weekend. 1 starter display and 1 booster display...US$10 for both.

With the 2 starters and 12 boosters I purchased 10 years ago(!), I'm now just looking to swap out cards with someone in order to get quantities of cards that I would be happy with...10 of each Common, 4 of each Uncommon and 1 or 2 of each Rare. If anyone can help me out with that, just drop me a line.

I have quite a few WC CCG cards. A couple of years ago I went WC CCG crazy and bought boxes of starter decks and booster packs from ebay. Even with all that, I still needed to trade to complete one set (Once again, thanks Chris!!:) ). I am now only missing the Admiral Tolwyn Promo card to totally complete one set. That being said, I could help out with some commons and uncommons (unfortunately I don't have too many extra rares but maybe some). I don't exactly know what spares I have (I am at work) at the moment but can check tonight if anyone is interested

Promo cards? Ugh.

There was a mention of 2 promo cards. One was (apparently) another Adm. Tolwyn. What was the other? And how were they obtained?

If they're just the same stats as the regular cards, then I probably won't have much need in getting them. But if they have different values, then I may have to consider trying to find them, too!

Sometimes I hate being a completist.

There were two promo cards. I believe both have different stats than their regular set equivalents (although I don't have my set here in Texas to check). Both promo cards have cool artwork that's decidedly a step above the rest of the CCG.

The first was "Col. Christopher Blair - Heart of the Tiger". He was given out at GenCon in 1995, where they had Mark Hamill on hand to sign cards.

The second was, as mentioned, Admiral Tolwyn. Tolwyn promos were given out in some copies of Wing Commander IV during its first printing (in Feb. 1996). Something like 1 in 10 had a CCG card and then 1 in 10 of those ended up having a Tolwyn promo. I have no idea how they decided this.

They're not as rare as that makes them sound, though, as Mag Force 7 was happy to mail people fistfulls of promos upon request for quite a while -- there's plenty out there (especially plenty of Blair's -- Tolwyn is rarer).

Question from your .sig: are you some kind of CCG collector? That's got to be an interesting hobby... I certainly miss the mid-90s when you could develop a card game based on pretty much any property.

Bandit LOAF said:
There were two promo cards. I believe both have different stats than their regular set equivalents (although I don't have my set here in Texas to check). Both promo cards have cool artwork that's decidedly a step above the rest of the CCG.

The Promo Blair has a minor stat tweak. The Promo Tolwyn is completely different.

Blair:
Cost: 2 Medal + 4 Points
Stats: +1 Attack, +1 Maneuver, 2 Medal, Immune to Traitor card
Promo Blair also had +1 Support

Tolwyn:
Cost: 2 Medal + 3 Points
Stats: Provides 1 Power Point each draw phase

Promo Tolwyn:
Cost: 2 Medal + 4 Point Points
Stats: 1 Medal, May use Medal Point for mustering or to boost any flight with a pilot card

Bandit LOAF said:
Question from your .sig: are you some kind of CCG collector? That's got to be an interesting hobby... I certainly miss the mid-90s when you could develop a card game based on pretty much any property.

I have a rather large collection of CCG's. While I only really only collect 1 or 2 at a time, I do go about trying to obtain complete sets of each one I do have. The collection also covers a wide range of subjects and genres. It takes up a lot of space at home, but, IMO, it's a heck of a better way to spend my free money than many other vices out there.

Part of collecting is trading, and I've had to conduct many, many trades, mostly online, to help fill out sets, sell off extras, or just to help out fellow collectors. I can conservatively estimate that I've made over 500 trades by post in the past 10 years, to most every state in the US and across 5 different continents.

The WC CCG is really a sideline game for me. Since there was no established structure on card limits in a deck (aside from overall deck size), I'm only estimating how many cards I'd want based on rarity, and I figure 10/4/2 for commons/uncommons/rares should be sufficient.

If any of you are able and/or willing to trade WC or any other CCG I may have, please feel free to PM me.

Back