Victory, you say?

Attachments

• WC VHS 01.jpg
    WC VHS 01.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 31
  • WC VHS 02.jpg
    WC VHS 02.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 31
The only real difference would be subtitles so unless you are a completist and want a VHS copy to finish your collection I don't see the point. It might be worth it if you were Portuguese I guess.

On the other hand, a DVD version might be interesting. The spanish one has a bunch of features not on the R1 English DVD.

I was trying to find a R4 Port DVD, but couldn't find one.

I did, however, find this intriging review site:

This is what random brazilians had to say about the WC Movie (as translated by me):

(8) Luna: "Its a good movie with lots of action!"

(1) Henrique Miura: "Very bad cast, absurd script! The director did what he could, but not even I could do better with the material he had in his hands."

(0) Juliana Alvarenga: "I didn't like the movie, there's no story for you to enjoy. I don't recommend it, even thought I enjoy all Freddie Prinze Jr Movies, but this one is horrendous."

(1) Enrico Spaggiari: "A movie done to use the new "Matrix" effects that doesn't electrify the audience in any moment"

(9) Sara: "I like the movie a lot, not only because of the interesting script, but also because this movie sucks you in."

Maybe we should invite Luna and Sara to the CIC Forums.

I was trying to find a R4 Port DVD, but couldn't find one.

I did, however, find this intriging review site:

This is what random brazilians had to say about the WC Movie (as translated by me):

Maybe we should invite Luna and Sara to the CIC Forums.

Didn't Wing Commander use the bullet time thing before The Matrix?

Didn't Wing Commander use the bullet time thing before The Matrix?

I'm note sure they are the same effects, or which movie was produced/pos-produced first, but Wing Commander was released a very short time before Matrix.

Matrix - 31 March 1999
Wing Commander- 12 March 1999

And what about the first comment, which somewhat praises Roberts for doing such a good work with the bad material? His own material.

I'm note sure they are the same effects, or which movie was produced/pos-produced first, but Wing Commander was released a very short time before Matrix.

Matrix - 31 March 1999
Wing Commander- 12 March 1999

And what about the first comment, which somewhat praises Roberts for doing such a good work with the bad material? His own material.

Roberts only slightly revised the script based on feedback from EA/Origin suits (back around the time of WC4)

And WC filmed close to a year and a half before the movie ever came out. It is in no way copying the matrix effects. It is the same system, but the matrix crew developed it and stretched the use of the system. And since no one saw WC in theaters and everyone saw The Matrix, you know why everyone thinks that they came up with the system.

If anything I would say the effects were developed concurently.

Back