Wing Commander 7???

There will never be WC7, and there never was WC6 or WC5.
smile.gif
Origin droped the whole numbering thing, probably in order not to discauredge new players from the series. Anyhow, Secret Ops which you call WC6, is still available in a package called Prophecy Gold. SO isn't available for free over the net anymore because it was a limited time offer, and any sites that are still carying the SO episodes are doing so ilegaly.
biggrin.gif

The next WC game will probably be Privateer Online, though it wasn't officialy anounced yet. It should be just like Ultima Online except in space, and in our favorite sci-fi universe.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 28, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
wormly posted by Earthworm
He obviously meant Secret Ops, which is a sequeal to Prophecy, and not an add-on to it.

I'd say it's safe to consider he meant SO being when he said WC6. It's not common knowledge that SO is a stand alone game. I didn't relize right away it didn't even need a cd until I checked the size out and the files/structure of SO.
biggrin.gif

Likewise, I would have known that right away if I had downloaded the game, but since it is no longer offered, people new to the WC universe don't pick up on it either sometimes.

Hopefully they won't scrap the POL concept.

Where can I get this package Prophecy Gold?
I've heard from it but never seen it before in any shops!

[This message has been edited by Christopher Blair (edited February 29, 2000).]

I have SO from a Magazine Coverdisk. Howcome there aren't any speeechfiles? Oh and another question:
I have WC Prophecy. I also have a 3dfx Card.
It's Diamond Monster 3D 2. But howcome, if i play the game with 3D supportage the game, the computer, even the whole system shuts down. I can't even restart the computer.
In the readme text it says this game was prooved with the 3dfx Card Diamond Monter 3D 2. Although if I play the without 3D supportage the game runs without any problems.

Hmm... you're from Germany, non? I don't think you have much chance of finding WCP Gold in any stores there. Of course, I could be wrong.
On the other hand, you can undoubtedly find it in several locations online. See the Where To Buy section of this site for details.

If you have SO from a magazine disk, you should have speech files. If you don't, then head over to www.secretops.com . There, you will find all the speech files you could ever need
smile.gif

Re: The 3Dfx card. Well, I'm no expert. You should probably take this over to the technical forum; they might be able to help you. Other than that... I know that some cards (the Voodoo?) required a patch. A friend of mine had problems with his card (to his credit, he kept playing the game even though it crashed every second mission
smile.gif
), which he finally solved by downloading the SO dll files. For whatever reason, that fixed everything... hmm... I thought those were only supposed to help with Direct3D. I guess they help with 3Dfx as well...

What happened to Commodore Blair in Wing Commander Secret Ops? Did he come back like I've already heard? Or is he dead?
Oh by the way, why does it take me so long to download the speechfiles from www.secretops.com? I mean is it normal to take 2.5 hours for that?

[This message has been edited by Christopher Blair (edited February 29, 2000).]

Quarto said:
Re: The 3Dfx card. Well, I'm no expert. You should probably take this over to the technical forum; they might be able to help you. Other than that... I know that some cards (the Voodoo?) required a patch. A friend of mine had problems with his card (to his credit, he kept playing the game even though it crashed every second mission
smile.gif
), which he finally solved by downloading the SO dll files. For whatever reason, that fixed everything... hmm... I thought those were only supposed to help with Direct3D. I guess they help with 3Dfx as well...

WCSO (and WCPG) already has the Voodoo2 patch applied, so it already has the full compatability with V2 and later 3Dfx video cards.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Christopher Blair said:
What happened to Commodore Blair in Wing Commander Secret Ops? Did he come back like I've already heard? Or is he dead?
Oh by the way, why does it take me so long to download the speechfiles from www.secretops.com? I mean is it normal to take 2.5 hours for that?

As of the Prophecy ending Blair is MIA, and presumed dead. He does not appear in SO, but his funeral is in the SO fiction.
biggrin.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

You'd almost thing after all the missions where you kept Blair alive, they would sooner or later find him living it up being served milk and cookies by the bugs.
biggrin.gif

LOL deaths head that'd be soooo funny if blair was with bugz being fed milk and cookies i wonder if the bugs even halve cows? that'd be really weird a bug cow can you imagine? and i bet the cookies would be really yucky too they'd be like covered with slime and instead of chocolate chips they'd have cockroaches! GROSS!!

Ziggy

------------------
Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly,
The Spiders From Mars
He played it left hand, but made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

C.B.: Stop complaining, it would have taken me 6 hours
smile.gif
I need a new modem ...

We have all these poliwhirls come from.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

Those whose eyes have seen shall not live to tell about it -- commercial for the American version of Gundam Wing

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited March 01, 2000).]

I saw at downloads on www.secretops.com that I can download "Secret Ops Full"!
Did I miss here something? I mean almost everybody told me that WCSO is not available for free anymore. Is that right or what? Well it would take me 5-6 hours to download it but that's not a problem for me. For this game I don't have any problems with waiting.
Oh, there is one more question. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET WING COMMANDER 3???

[This message has been edited by Christopher Blair (edited March 02, 2000).]

The main download is still available for free. There's a 'full' download, and one without speech. The full version is 112MB, the one without speech around 60.

It's the first mission set, and it now serves as a demo for Prophecy Gold (which you'll have to buy if you want the full game).

Our Where to Buy section has several locations for WC3.

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited March 02, 2000).]

Last edited:
Back