Wing Commander 4 DVD-ROM for Sale

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
You could be bidding on the extremely rare DVD-ROM version of this game. The disc was purchased from a local computer shop and is NEW. The disc has no scratches and does work. NO RESERVE!!!

The only reason I am selling it is because I have two copies. I figured that letting you guys on the forums know about it would probably be a good idea.

To check out the eBay auction go here. Please only serious bidders.

In the stunning sequel to Wing Commander III, civil war threatens to engulf the Terran Confederation as your one timeallies, the Border Worlds, turn against you for power. Having retired to a desert world far from the worries of modern politics, Blair is now a farmer. Unfortunately, his retirement is to be short lived as Maniac appears to reactivate him to active duty. Returning to Confed HQ for a meeting with Admiral Tolwyn, Blair learns of the horrors which have been occuring since he retired. A threat just as deadly as the Kilrathi now threatens the Terran Confederation, a threat which may cause a bloody civil war.

I check with LOAF before posting this and he said it was ok.

Just a note that everyone should also be aware of: that's the single sided DVD. It does not feature the high quality videos that people often refer to when they talk about the WC4 DVD version. This one is basically all six CDs compiled on one disc, which is also a relatively rare version of the game.

Karthik@KANE said:
Damn, here I thought I'd get my hands on the DVD18 version!

The mpeg2 Wing Commander 4 DVD is actually single-layered on each side. Much like WC3 and the smaller CDs it originally shipped on, WC4 DVD was introduced before the DVD9 and 18 were standard. The high quality movies only take up about 7 gigabytes, but the double-sided nature allows us to easily distinguish the two versions of WC4 DVD today.

Problem is that Digital Anvil has gone belly up so prolly no one will ever see them... or am I being too pessimistic?

I'm still wishing that someone would be able to sell the WC movie deleted scenes on DVD

They had deleted scences?!?! Damn I am missing out

DVD versions are all included in our ports article at https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art47.shtml
We talk about this all the time. WC4 and Prophecy were made. WC4 was the only one released.

I never heard anything in Australia about a DVD version of Wing Commander 4. I saw a glimpse of the movie on DVD a long time ago but I remember lookin at the back of it and there was not additional features or stuff on it...disappointing

Last edited by a moderator:
oh sorry i missed that
although I would have like to know like everyone else what they were

Well, you can see the movie's shooting script (what was filmed) in the third of those links I gave you in another thread. Scenes that weren't used in the finished version generally involve:

* The traitor subplot. Admiral Wilson and Captain Sansky are Pilgrim traitors working together. There's various scenes of Wilson (in a space suit) talking to the Kilrathi and then Blair, Wilson and Gerald having a knife fight on the Kilrathi ComCon.

* Blair's PPC. In the original version, Blair would have had a little 3D wizard (Merlin) that provided exposition at several points. This was removed entirely.

Well, the only time that I heard Merlin was actually the scene when Blair got into the cockpit after he started touring the Tiger Claw. Shortly after Angel started quizing him about fighters on his tail and such...

Back