Wing Commander 3.....where'd Maniac go?

thecoyote99

Spaceman
Okay this is really bugging me. Been playing through again first time in ages. About 1/3 of the way through Maniac just vanished. I havent been going up the lift to watch cutscenes. Just been doing the missions. All of a sudden he cant be selected as a wingman so ive been searching the ship for him and he's actually vanished from the game. Has he died or something? is it possible for thta to happen even tho hes in the sequel? driving me nuts figuring out why his seats vacant in the choose wingman screen for pretty much the whole game?

Okay this is really bugging me. Been playing through again first time in ages. About 1/3 of the way through Maniac just vanished. I havent been going up the lift to watch cutscenes. Just been doing the missions. All of a sudden he cant be selected as a wingman so ive been searching the ship for him and he's actually vanished from the game. Has he died or something? is it possible for thta to happen even tho hes in the sequel? driving me nuts figuring out why his seats vacant in the choose wingman screen for pretty much the whole game?
If this happened, it most likely means he got killed during combat at some point, though I'm surprised he was flagged as being in danger so soon in the game.

Maniac is actually the first wingman to be flagged as killable - he can die at any point from Locanda (mission D1) onwards.

Back