Wing Commander 2 25th Anniversary

dizzibits

1st Lieutenant
Hello,

I was very keen to watch the Wing Commander 2 25th Anniversary celebration that happened on the CIG community twitch last September, but real life prevented me. Does anyone happen to have downloaded it or have a copy? I have asked around at CIG and not had a response. I imagine there are some hardcore Wing Commander fans here that may be able to help.

Best wishes

dizzi

Having not received any kind of reply from three separate attempts at gleaning information on this, one is inclined to draw two possible conclusions. One, I have a fully operational message board cloaking device that I have no control over, or two, that I have been transported to a parallel universe where no 25th anniversary celebration of Wing 2 ever took place. If the latter, I apologize - you must all think I've simply gone mad.

I am sorry, neither have I watched it (just as you, I didn't have the time), nor have I a copy. (But I am rather sure there was a live stream).

Edit: Wrong video found.

Thank you for responding, and in doing so immediately disproving both my hypotheses. If someone does have and could upload it somewhere suitable I am sure it would be very gratefully received by the various communities.

It could be one of those things that nobody saved and is lost to time forever. That is until it is found on a USB drive in an Argentine basement Ala Metropolis (1927).

Thank you for responding, and in doing so immediately disproving both my hypotheses. If someone does have and could upload it somewhere suitable I am sure it would be very gratefully received by the various communities.

It could be one of those things that nobody saved and is lost to time forever. That is until it is found on a USB drive in an Argentine basement Ala Metropolis (1927).
I too am looking for it.

So I'll tag the man who should know here. Pretty sure it's not as lost as the WC2 SNES cartridge... might want to check that Argentinian basement after-all.

So, @Bandit LOAF , have you, Jared, etcetera uploaded your WC2 anniversary livestream? I guarantee @dizzibits isn't the only one who couldn't watch it live (*raises hand*). I enjoyed WC1, Thor's Hammer, and the Firekkan campaigns and REALLY want to watch the good ol' Enigma sector.

Yes, I couldn't see those live either. :oops:

As for WC2 SNES... stay tuned... :)

There you go again with the suspense. ;)

EDIT:
Hogan3.png

Last edited:
Thank you @Whistler and @Bandit LOAF. My small group of gaming nerds over at bit-tech will be pleased.

As for the original cut of Metropolis (1927), that story amazes me every time I read it. The re-cut and digitally remastered version is an incredible sci-fi movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. Storytelling without *spoken* words at it's best - with robots.

Magnificent. I'll spend some of my vacation watching this.

Wait, it only uploaded the first 45 minutes... and 30 of that is just a countdown!

Thanks Ben, I am so pleased. I was genuinely upset that I had to miss out on the stream. This is your personal YouTube, I assume it is okay to share?

Dominic

Last edited:
First off thanks for doing this.
Second....so the video cuts off before the end lol. Final mission and it cuts off mid mission. I had to finish it up by watching the end on another youtube video lol. Can't believe i watched over 9 hours of you guys playing WC2. Good stuff!

Hi. I came to this thread while searching for the Wing Commander 2 livestream, after seeing all the livestreams of WC 1 and enjoying them very much. But i'm just curious, have there ever been Anniversary Livestreams for the other games from 3 onward? Searching for them doesn't turn out any results.

I don't think so, but there's some WC3 in the 2019 Birthday episode at
This is my favorite one and a great show to watch.

There's some WC3 3DO in this episode at

And Wing Commander movie gets a live commentary at

Back