Why doesn't Mark wanna do any more WC stuff?

No Regret

Spaceman
It's not like his drowning in job offers, is it? He has his comic and the occasional voice acting job. Or does he have other jobs I don't know of?

Other than a couple of Marsh supermarket commercials here in Indiana, I can't think of any other jobs he'd be doing. Maybe he just did not like doing games for some reason.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

IIRC, Mark Hamill is more interested in expanding his own horizons than making money of continued-pointless stories. Back during WC3 he stated that he'd only do another game if he thought the script were interesting.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Maybe he'd seen the script before it got cut.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Yeah he might've thought the Prophecy script sucked and so he probably decided to go out on that one.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Oh come on Craze it didn't realy suck, but after WC3, and WC4 we expected something even better than those two.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

It's all perspective. None of the WC scripts really suck
smile.gif

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited January 07, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... the Prophecy final script was kind of stupid on it's own.

(You forgot a P... just thought I'd let you know)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

in 1996 he did over 400 catoon voisec, as far as i know that number has only gone up.

no isn't in any movies lately, i once read somewhere that HE might direct his own Black Pearl movie!

The story in Prophecy wasn't as good as WC3, it wasn't supposed to be was it? I heard it was supposed to be a throwback to the WC1 style, more flying-less talking. It wasn't awful, but it was a little less developed. I actually liked it better.

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

Mark Hamill is one of the most sought after voice actors in the business, he's easily one of the best there is.

------------------
Zohrath.
http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

[This message has been edited by Zohrath (edited January 07, 2000).]

Yeah, that´s true. I couldn´t believe it at first when I saw his name in the credits of Full Throttle as the voice of Ripburger. That was one fine piece of acting,

I liked Prophecy less than any of the other Wing Commanders. Dont get me wrong WCP was good, but not anywhere near the caliber of 3-4. I'd also like to say once again I HATE LANCE CASEY!

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Yeah I think everyone hates Casey, if Origin wants us to play him they better change his character in to someone cool.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 07, 2000).]

If they want sales for WC6 than they should advertise a painful death for Casey, ie that torture Blair got in WCP only much worse.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I know a lot of people didn't like Casey (including me), but I don't think Origin will change because WC Prophecy brought in the most sales I believe. So those of us who liked the old way might have to wait.

------------------
Peace cannot be kept by force, it must be achieved through understanding.

Ok, not everyone hated Casey... Just give him a chance to develop. He has a lot more personality than ol' Bluehair did in WC1

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I like Casey, myself. Don't get everyon'es problem with him.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

[This message has been edited by Frosty (edited January 07, 2000).]

Back