Who was Lt. Jack Slayton? (SO Question)

Primarch

Spaceman
Reading through the SO online fiction I came across this...
This welcome home is much appreciated, however I wish Commodore Blair, Colonel Jacob Manley, Lt. Jack Slayton, and the thousands who have lost their lives could be here to join us for this grand gesture.
I was just curious as to who Lt. Jack Slayton was.

Hmm... that's a nice gesture for those of us who paid attention in WCP, but it's not particularly nice of her, considering that there were two other names on that plaque :).

And there were plenty of other Midway pilots who were killed in action during the crisis.

Many ????.... i don´t know how many oficially..when i play only dies Dallas,Hawk and 2 or 3 other guys....

I played once and got so many of the Black Widows killed the game booted me out saying something about minimum number of pilots reached (or some such thing).

HAHAHAHA

You forget Paladin's tips in Claw Marks that the wing commander/wingmate is the most important combination in the Space Forces...

(or something to that effect..)

The other guys who die with Dallas on the plaque... Vanguard and Cantrell... Hill, Renko, Furillo...

I thought Vanguard and Cantrell died during disk 2 (or even 3) after Maniac was promoted to Squadron Leader? (Course, I can't check anymore...grumble)

he wasn't saying that they were on the plaque, just two MORE pilots besides the plaque....

(I never understood why Vanguard and Cantrell and those other pilots on the plaque weren't on the killboard...)

I looked sometimes up the the names of other pilots I was flying with. They sometimes also didn't appear on the list.:)

There's a complete list of all the pilots on the Midway in the Prophecy Guide...

There's a minimum amount of pilots you can reach? Sometimes, Goblin would die in a mission, then come back in the next. Maybe it was a bug or something...

What better way to make the series interesting than sendint new pilots out for highly dangerous missions! :)

I can just see the meetings planning Prophecy2.

"Right, let's have a fresh faced Acadamy graduate heading into Nephilim space, taking on their entire military and destroying their homeworld. In a shuttle.":D

Originally posted by Dak
Originally posted by Earthworm
The Midway has over 250 pilots.

So they give the most important missions to a bunch of rookies...;)

Correction, the midway has over 250 SHIPS not pilots, imagine each time someone ejects, you lose the ship right? if you got 250 pilots, then how many would stay grounded for lack of ships???? I think its possible that there would be 100 pilots no more, 50 on a night shift 50 on a day shift, that would be *logical*, a lot more logical then having 250 fighters and 250 pilots, i never seen a scramble where your defending your carrier with a devestator or an swac :) (or however its spelled)

Back