Where's Casey?

I bought that product too, I rather thought it was a good buy.

There is a lot of interesting stuff in there I wish they put in the documentation, an observation I made to the good people at Origin.

But hey they gotta make a buck(or whatever currency unit), right?
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I only own two WC guides (WC4 and Prophecy, though I'm getting the WC1&2 and Armada guides in a few days
biggrin.gif
He he, I don't even have Armada
wink.gif
) and the Prophecy guide is much better. It has bios of the major characters, and short bios for all wingman. Description and stats for all ships and space stations that are very acurate. It has some concept art of some of the ships and some other stuff. It's well worth the $20 I paid for it. Would be cool if it had an included CD with missing scenes from the game.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I don't think there are any missing scenes. That is, I think they were cut out before they started filming... If you film a scene and then you leave it out of the game, you don't exactly save any money on it
smile.gif

Quarto: I could be wrong, but wasn't the reason they cut back the cut-scenes because everyone bitched about too much story and not enough gameplay?

------------------

I think the real reason was $$$ you don't want to spend more than you have to.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Quarto, I think I saw some scenes that weren't in the game, in the Prophecy trailer. Anyhow, if Origin started filming those scenes, but than the evil EA decided to cut budget they wouldn't include those scenes if they didn't make much sense because the remaining scenes were never made.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Too much story?

I think that about half the people I have seen play WC skip througth the briefings and dialogs but usually don't skip through the cutscenes.

It's funny how these same people ask me what to do when they start flying. And it's even funnier when some people crash into their carrier after they start shooting at it to see the funeral they get.
biggrin.gif

Prophecy originally had a much, much longer script... Or so we've heard. But it was cut, and the reason was not gameplay, but budget cuts. Think about it; if it had been because of gameplay, would they have removed the multiplayer option? Or the cloaking device? Or the null-g bomblets our WCP manuals talk about? Or the MIRV (which does appear, but doesn't work the way it was supposed to)?

Death's Head: To skip a WC cut scene is sacrilege. You should have sacrificed them to Sivar on the spot
smile.gif

Earthworm: There was a Prophecy trailer?

Quarto, of course there’s a Prophecy trailer.
biggrin.gif
You can get it at the CIC.
And not all Prophecy manuals have the Null- bomblet things in it.
frown.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

I think there's a page that shows the Null G Bomblet at Navpoint, it's in the CIC links section. The MIRV was suposed to either split into 4 FF missiles after it traveled a certain distance, or split when you let go of the trigger but it doesen't do that.

------------------
Gen. Patton

There were *LOTS* of cool new weapons systems planned for Prophecy... but you know what they say about the best layed plans
smile.gif

Among them...

The radar jamming tube on the Shrike... it later became a 'torpedo launcher' for lack of time, but check out the large tube under the shrike. And make no awful jokes, they've all been made already
smile.gif

The Vampire was supposed to have a little point defense system in its nose... you can see it in any of the 'artwork' of the Vamp...

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

I was wondering about that little turret!

The Panther has one too.

How would I edit the ships to put a laser turret in front with WCPedit?

The MIRV works the way it's supposed to. The Tracker carries 4 FFs a set distance then deploys them just like a real MIRV.
As for bombs I've seen them in the manual, never launched them myself, but I've heard someone saying "bombs away."

------------------
Aide to politician: "Are you sure you want to go ahead with this ban on smoking in eateries?
It'll put you in a no-win situation.
Either way smokers end up fuming in restaurants."
The Politician by David Fletcher.

[This message has been edited by Penguin (edited February 07, 2000).]

The MIRV works the way it's supposed to. The Tracker carries 4 FFs a set distance then deploys them just like a real MIRV.

But it was also suposed to split if you let go of the button, but it doesen't.

As for bombs I've seen them in the manual, never launched them myself, but I've heard someone saying "bombs away."

They're not in the game AFAIK. Though I though I did see some Confed bombers lanuching missiles that split into several other missiles, and it goes after turrets IIRC. And that's what the null-g is suposed to do if I'm not mistaken.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Funny, my version of WCPG works that way, I can launch it, and if I don't hold hte button I have for my missles, it splits right in front of me. Could this be a glitch in my game? Or am I just lucky?
wink.gif

PS: this isn't a joke. I can acutally do that, and if I let off the button it will split. SYN.

------------------

Well, according to the IMDB, Stevie has been a busy boy. He's been in 5 movies or TV series' since WCP.

1."Lot, The" (1999) (mini) TV Series .... Charlie Patterson
2.Lesser Evil, The (1998) .... Young Frank
3.When Trumpets Fade (1998) (TV) .... Baxter
4.Sparkler (1998) .... Joel
5.Polish Wedding (1998) .... Witek
6.Wing Commander: Prophecy (1997) (VG) .... 2nd Lt. Lance R. Casey
... aka Wing Commander V (1997) (VG)

Back