Where The Hell Are My Space Kitties?!?!

Originally posted by Zim
I disagree with the opinion that the WC3 Kilrathi were stiff n puppety. I found them move with a kind of gracious beauty, like a cat. You could see that these creatures had to be incredible hunters.

As far as FMV Kilrathi goes, WC3' s Thrakhath RULES!...

Originally posted by akashra
I don't think there's anything in WC1/2 that makes him out to be distinctly french - he could as easily be scottish.

Wrong, me bucko. The WC1 guide gives profiles o' the main pilots in the game, and Paladin is clearly said to be of Scottish descent. An' if that weren't enough, WC3 has John Rhys-Davies speaking with a hint of a Scottish burr (he coulda done a bit better job, though...)

I think it's pretty abvious that wing commander was an underbudget movie so they had to do a lot of the stuff half assed. If they would have given roberts like 100 million bucks then yeah sure the movie would have been better but people would still complain about it also. Still in my small opinion i think that they would have been better off not making a wing commander movie that flopped in part because it was a half assed piece of shit because roberts didn't have all the resources he wanted.

I'm very glad there is a movie. And I'm especially glad with the range of products it made possible. The novels, the Confederation Handbook, a great score, beautiful posters, the Wing Commander movie magazine, the Kilrathi masks, the toys, something to stab people in the neck with and I'm probably forgetting a few things.

Originally posted by Raven0215
I think it's pretty abvious that wing commander was an underbudget movie so they had to do a lot of the stuff half assed. If they would have given roberts like 100 million bucks then yeah sure the movie would have been better but people would still complain about it also. Still in my small opinion i think that they would have been better off not making a wing commander movie that flopped in part because it was a half assed piece of shit because roberts didn't have all the resources he wanted.

...A bit "raw", but a pretty accurate assessment of the situation, nonetheless...:)

Originally posted by Preacher
WC3 has John Rhys-Davies speaking with a hint of a Scottish burr (he coulda done a bit better job, though...)

Considering the trouble many Americans (and the rest of the world for that matter) have with strong British accents, it's probably a very good thing he didn't have too much of a Scottish accent.

Originally posted by Dak

Considering the trouble many Americans (and the rest of the world for that matter) have with strong British accents, it's probably a very good thing he didn't have too much of a Scottish accent.

Not necessarily, dude. See, Rhys-Davies IS a Brit. If anyone should be able to do a convincing burr, it oughta be HIM. Whut's more, I hafta disagree that " 'Mericans" have lotta trouble w/ Brit accents. Actually, we tend to have LESS trouble w/ Brit accents than other European (or other) world accents, 'cuz at least their native language IS English.. (well, SORTA...;)

Wales is part of Britain, last time I checked. ;)

Back to the WC3 Kilrathi, I agree that their movements may appeared stiff - they didn't walk except Hobbes after getting shot by the Trigger, and even then it was with a 'clomp-clomp' noise. But I think they got the fur just right, and that was what gave them a fluid look.

Dak, you seem to forget that while Americans have problems with British accents, there are a LOT more Europeans who have problems understanding American accents than the other way.

I have more trouble understanding some people speaking Dutch (like people from Belgium (no offense Kris), Limburg or Friesland) than I have understanding American accents.
Hehe, a friend of mine studied in the US (Alabama) for a year, and now he sounds like a southerner when speaking English.:D

Originally posted by Unforgiven
The Kilrathi were never realistic cats.
REAL felines (even tigers and lions) sleep most of the time.
I guess that would've made a boring game... :D

...not only that, but "real" cats don't give a rip what humans do; they got lives of their own to lead, and can't be bothered with the likes of YOU (oh, wait--I guess that explains the Kilrathi's attitude of superiority towards us Terrans, huh?...damn!)

Originally posted by akashra
...while Americans have problems with British accents, there are a LOT more Europeans who have problems understanding American accents than the other way.

Hey--we Americans don't HAVE accents; it's the REST of the world that does...they don't even have the common decency to learn English! ;)

(my apologies to Dave Barry, for borrowing from his book "Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need") :cool:

"Hey--we Americans don't HAVE accents; it's the REST of the world that does..."

But... thats american english, not english english :)

First you claim our language as your own and then have the nerve to change the spellings to something sensible and legible ;)

Only thing that bugs me about American english isn't really to do with the language at all, its the dating format:

mm/dd/yy

If you're going to do something to it in order not mid, smallest, biggest ;) I don't even want to think about the number of problems that caused me before I remembered to check the country it had been written in.

It's not just the Americans that use mm/dd/yy.
When I write something with dates and I know only Dutch people will use it I use dd-mm-yy. If I don't know that, I use dd-mm-yy if there are no ambiguities (all days above 12), otherwise I always just use long date format, ie August 3rd 2001.
In formal documents I sometimes use the ISO format yyyy-mm-dd.

Pedro, Americans have accents just going from one state to the next - AND, sometimes, within the SAME STATE!

PS: Heey Mah, gidoff the goddan' rewf!

Back