Where should we discuss the WCPedia?

I dug around in Wing Commander I's innards a little bit to find terms to add to the index... and I found a few things I'd never seen before!

- The full list of wingmen who can be listed on the 'Squadron' scoreboard: Seggallion, Dibber, Zoro, Gryphon, Sutek and Potshot. I didn't find Gryphon before.

- Iceman's taunt about his family mentions Vega IX... while his talking head dialogue mentions Vega VII.

- Dakhath uses a (new) Kilrathi term if he encounters you a second time: "Kharang".

- All the Kilrathi taunts spell Kilrah differently - without the 'h'.

I remember seeing those names in the simulator scoreboard. And seeing Iceman use that Vega taunt too, but I didn't realise he mentions a different planet altogether back on the Claw!

I've tweaked the proposal for the main page even further... added link to archive of the LOAFs speeches and added new picture in it... what do you think about it?

I've also added templates {{delete}} and {{disambig}}. Last one was already used on some pages...

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured this should be bumped up.

What's the current project? Still WC1 gameflow?

Could we please do away with the WingKiPedia references. It's a joke that has gone its ride.

I've got a 2 week break from class coming up so I figured I'd devote some time to working on this project.

Figured this should be bumped up.

What's the current project? Still WC1 gameflow?

Could we please do away with the WingKiPedia references. It's a joke that has gone its ride.

I've got a 2 week break from class coming up so I figured I'd devote some time to working on this project.

Yeah, I think we're still filling out the WC1 gameflow entries

But I've also created a TEMP page for all the references from the WC movie novelization that is ready to be worked on. I think I got all the references in order. https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/TEMP_Wing_Commander_Movie_Novelization

The big map thingy

Hey all, I am blown away at the detail and affection that still exists for this amazing series. I am quite a fan and want to contribute in whatever way possible, so...

I was digging through my extensive piles of junk and found the star system map that came with WC3. It is in excellent condition, so I think I'm going to scan it and upload a highdef version of it to the WCPedia. Other versions that I've seen online lack enough detail to clearly make out the system names. I figure that we can do something crafty with it, perhaps even making the systems 'clickable' and linking to a list of events/dates/planets and whatnot that are associated with it? Any tips on uploading the images? This is my first time tackling such a large picture...

Thanks for keeping this incredible universe alive and kicking!

First off, welcome to the CIC.

Do you mean this map from WCP, although that one has some additions to it as well. There is this page as well on WCPedia itself where we started to discuss how to do what you are talking about as well.

We haven't gotten to the point where we are linking the universe map section with WCPedia. Currently, some people are going through WC1 gameflow and adding that in.

*Bump*

First off, I just wanted to say great job to Redheartagram and SabreAce. You guys have been continually adding to WCPedia almost daily.

Second, this thread shouldn't fall so far down again.

I will return to the project very soon. I've been working on something else that I'm not allowed to talk about yet.

Doing the *bump*

You two guys are still incredible. School is keeping me away from this project for the foreseeable future (bastards!) but I'm so glad when I check it out every few days to see you two still adding stuff almost daily.

You guys rock.

SabreAce and Redheartagram where are you guys in the WC1 gameflow? I'd like to see if we can use our recent replay knowledge to help flesh out this resource. With a few extra hands on it as we move along through the replay we could put a big dent in this project.

SabreAce and Redheartagram where are you guys in the WC1 gameflow? I'd like to see if we can use our recent replay knowledge to help flesh out this resource. With a few extra hands on it as we move along through the replay we could put a big dent in this project.

I believe the only things left are the entries under "Spatial" and "technology" and a couple others. I managed to finish up the timeline section today. I believe all other enties are up to date with Wing Commander 1 but it would be nice if everybody double checked them during the replay in case something was missed. I'm off work again tomarrow and will hopefully be able to work on it some more.

Back