where is everyone?

Mindcrime

Commodore
this place has been kinda dead lately. you all still here? hopin so. we need some new topics! sorry for the rant everyone lol

'Tis called the festive season... I was out of circulation for almost a month, sure it was the same for many others. I'm looking forward to getting some momentum on my Hellcat model again soon.

Happy 2014 to all!

There's always a lull when everyone gets busy over the holidays, and it takes conversations to get more conversations going again in January.

Still around, of course ;-)

On my end, I started converting my WC2 importers into HTML5 + JavaScript. Pretty fun! I need to brush up my HTML5 a bit for the day job, so it's a good opportunity to start working on a full converter using these technologies, based on my various research scripts as a starting point. From my experiments so far, i'm convinced that the HTML5 + JS combo is going to work especially well for certain types of tools, such as animation / ship encoding, even as a standalone HTML file (ie, even without communicating with a backend server... only one or two scenarios are likely to be problematic, such as getting data from a <video> tag: the video needs to be read from a web server due to security restrictions... but even then, that webserver can be 127.0.0.1, so you can run the converter locally if you have a very lightweight web server such as Mongoose, it does the job very nicely).

In the meantime, i'm also troubleshooting a few mouse-related issues with the Privateer 2 patch that were reported in the GOG-forums. Might be related to the game window losing focus for some reason. Currently researching the issue and trying to come up with a fix.

Will post more as i make progress :)

I'm here! I've been busy lately, but I'm alsway up for a good WC discussion. I'm loving all the modding work being done, but I'm not *that* technically proficient so Ifind I don't have a lot to add to many of those conversations. Anway, I'm looking forward to seeing what HCl comes up with next for WC2... I think that stuff is super exciting.

On my end, I started converting my WC2 importers into HTML5 + JavaScript.
Can't wait to see some results.

I am still trying to find the best fitting UI framework for the workshop.
Some look very promising, but prototyping really helps to find out, that in the end they still suck

I hope to get this done soon, because I'm really impatient about getting back to coding the real stuff :)

I visit the CIC almost every day, it's just that I used up all my ideas on new WC threads in the past years. I can participate in a discussion but finding a new topic is hard for me, especially with that baby demanding attention ;-).

Here as well. Traveled over the New Year so wasn't checking in every day.

#wingnut is always a place to drop in. There are users all over the planet that jump in at different times besides the old regulars who are always lurking...

Back