Where are WC4 weapons in prophecy?

Oh, I know that pilots don't come free, Death. But their training is still just a small chunk of the fighter cost. And they're actually a pretty renewable resource, if you consider how vast the population of Confed must be.

Given that several trillion died, quite a few more must have lived...
smile.gif

As per my understanding, the SF Academy has always been four years -- followed by a short flight school. The flight school is what was 'advanced' in Pilgrim Stars/Other Novels... I believe officers can also graduate from other colleges ROTC programs and then go on to flight school.

Also, I volunteer to make *MORE* pilots... with that Lisa chick from WCP.

biggrin.gif
cool.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm....
"You can make people for free, but fighters cost money"-Cheif tech to Lt.Olivier Poplin Hyperion Flagship 13th Fleet(Okay that's from an anime, not a WC referrence, so no flames or telling me there's no 13th fleet or anything, please.....)

Anyway having multiple pilots per ship sounds more efficient...think back to that line in WC3...."Supposedly we have the hottest figher in the universe, and all it did was sit there and collect dust on the flight deck..."(not direct, I haven't played that game in forever...) and yeah maybe the fighters that would sit around aren't top of the line prototypes but..they'd be sitting there being nice dustcollectors. Though it would probably be a huge maintenance hassle, constantly cycling pilots between planes only grounding them for major failures...

------------------
"I hope you make it, Tarkington. Just don't pull the handle till after we've hit. Promise me."
"I'm behind you all the way CAG..."
-Captain Jacob Lee "Coolhand" Grafton, and Lieutenant Robert "Toad" Tarkington, Final Flight

Back