What's the chronological order of these games

Mjr. Whoopass

<FONT color=lightblue><B>I was going to say someth
I'm wondering what order should I play the following games in. I'd like to play through them in chronological order. I'm looking to play Standoff, Unknown Enemy, WC Saga, Wing Commander Prophecy, and Wing Commander Secret Ops.

Or even better, you play them all along with the official WC games !

1. WC1 + addons
  2. WC2 + addons + Academy
  3. Privateer + RF
  4. Standoff
  5. Armada
  6. Saga
  7. WC3
  8. WC4
  9. Prophecy
  10. Secret Ops
  11. Unknown Enemy

Standoff starts in 2668, and ends just a day or two into 2669, so Privateer should probably go after Standoff. At the very least, Righteous Fire should.

I think it is more like this:

1. WC1 + addons
2. WC2 + addons + Academy
3. Armada
4. Privateer
5. Standoff
6. Saga
7. WC3
8. RF
9. WC4
10. Prophecy
11. Unknown Enemy
12. Secret Ops

Unknown enemy is running concurrent to WCP IIRC.
RF is at the same time as WC3

I don't think RF starts in 2670 - although the intro says "one year later", that's not exactly the same as saying "2670". In the game, the bartender rumours still refer to the war going badly, which implies that the it's set before the end of the war.

I don't think RF starts in 2670 - although the intro says "one year later", that's not exactly the same as saying "2670". In the game, the bartender rumours still refer to the war going badly, which implies that the it's set before the end of the war.

Some of the missions involve the Confederation fighting the Kilrathi, too.

That said, I have a British advertisement for the original Privateer which claims it takes place in 2670. It's all awkward because in 1993 they hadn't yet planned to end the war in that year.

Speaking to the original thread, though, the fan games don't form any single narrative, so there's no real need to force playing them into a paricular order.

Standoff starts in 2668, and ends just a day or two into 2669, so Privateer should probably go after Standoff. At the very least, Righteous Fire should.
Well, since Priv and Standoff take place loosely at the sime time, I figured it'd be better to play the official game before Standoff, to be able to appreciate the Priv references we put in Standoff better.

Speaking to the original thread, though, the fan games don't form any single narrative, so there's no real need to force playing them into a paricular order.
Quite right. No need to force it, but as it was the original poster's request we suggest some order to play them in...

Thanks everyone! I've already played WC1, WC1 Secret Missions (the first one), WC3, and WC4 as well as reading all the Forstchen (+Mercedes Lackey) series novels. I didn't mention the other games because I wasn't as interested in playing those games as I was in the ones I mentioned. Now that I've thought more about it and read some of these posts, I think it would be a good idea for me to play WC2 and Privateer in order to appreciate Standoff more since I don't have an attachment to that era and I'm not familiar with those fighters. I have the most attachment to WC3 ships since I played WC3 during my more impressionable High School years.

I know the stories aren't continuous and involve completely different characters in different sectors, but it would add a sense of continuity for me if it was in chronological order.

Back