What's in a typical WCProphecy box?

DancesWithBikers

1st Lieutenant
I want to buy it, but I see that they go for as little as 5$ on eBay. That probably comes with a disk in a paper sleeve. So I'd like to know what kind of trinkets it would typically have, minus the advertising, I suppose. I'm thinking manuals, maps, fighter who's whos, laser weapons, etc.

Hello! I think this is a complete list:

- A jewel case with three discs in it.
- Reference Card
- Flight Manual
- TCS Midway Integrated Combat Information System manual
- Install Guide
- Updates page
- 1997 EA manual
- Wing Commander Universe map (very large, folded)

Heh, I think it's just that seller's auction template. No DVD or VHS with Wing Commander Prophecy. (There WAS an unreleased DVD version of the game, though...)

Oops... yeah, I just noticed that myself.
Ok, so the reference card doesn't sound like a deal breaker. I take it the "updates page" just let's you know about patches. The "flight manual" looks like it's just about everything. That's the main manual, isn't it? What does the "1997 EA manual" have that nothing else has?

The EA thing is just a catalog. The "flight manual" is the how to play guide, the "Combat Information" one is the cool pretend newsletter for fighter pilots. Unless you're going for a perfect mint copy, all you REALLY need are the map and the ICIS manual.

Yeah, I'm not so much a fanboy that I need things like the catalogue, but if it can have some of the artistic features that would improve the whole experience (I liked IV for having a short story book).

Thanks.

Back