What Ships will appear in Prologue

Standoff Team what Ships will appear in Standoff's Prologue. I wanna know what Class of ships will we see.Also is Standoff's Prologue still expected to be released late May/Early June?

Late May? No, no, no! :p

We can probably get everything together by June or maybe July, unless the ammount of bugs surpasses our expectations. However, the actual release still depends on all the voiceover people having completed their jobs by then, and I'm afraid I can't predict how fast they'll work as much as I can for the rest of the team.

As for the ships in the prologue... all Confed ships will be available in the object viewer, but the ones in the missions themselves are going to be limited to the Stiletto, Gladius, Sabre, Hermes, Talon, Tarsus, Free Trader and Gilgamesh... and I think I'm forgetting one.

--Eder

I would have thought all you blokes could encourage your girlfriends or whomever to make a contribution...

Ehm, let's not turn this into a sympathy thread, but I understand. I seem to have the uncanny luck of finding someone special, only to find she's already attached. :(

Anyway, I meant out of all the people on the board, I know several have partners, some are even married (you lucky people!), perhaps those people could help out? Weren't there female voice-overs in Unknown Enemy? Would the few ladies on this board be interested? How about the (seemingly numerous) ladies in #WingNut? Just advertise the need a bit more and surely a positive response will follow.

Originally posted by Raptor leader
I have no girlfriend.Girls stay away from me for some reason.

Introduce yourself to them using those exact words, *that* should work. :D

Originally posted by Eder
Late May? No, no, no! :p

As for the ships in the prologue... all Confed ships will be available in the object viewer, but the ones in the missions themselves are going to be limited to the Stiletto, Gladius, Sabre, Hermes, Talon, Tarsus, Free Trader and Gilgamesh... and I think I'm forgetting one.

--Eder

I hope you are forgeting Rapier2 ! I want sooooo much to see the Rapier in the Prologue....

I seem to have the uncanny luck of finding someone special, only to find she's already attached.

Well she is likely to be attached if she is special... but then… as life goes.. people with strange hobbies, freaks and Uglies like us.. get women no one else wants (or more likely none).. the women with charms go to “better” Humans.. and I can not blame the Ladies for that ;)

"Survival of the Best and Fittest" its a cruel world :)

I hope you are forgeting Rapier2 ! I want sooooo much to see the Rapier in the Prologue...

I talked to Eder a few months back via email.He told me that the Rapier 2 and Crossbow would be reserved for the Main Campaign on the Firekka.Unless something has changed you might have to wait.

Eder are the Tarsus and Talon the only Pirate Vessel right? The rest are Confed I assume.I hope you can fit the Venture into the Prologue.

Remember, the Prologue happens during the truce with the Kilrathi... The Rapier II is WAAAAY too hot to be used as a peacetime patrol fighter in Gemini sector. So, sorry, no Rapiers in the prologue. The Venture won't show up either, but don't worry, you'll be seeing a lot of both of these ships during the main campaign. In fact, you'll probably get sick of protecting Ventures in a Rapier :p

I think the only ship I forgot to mention is a Tarawa-style CVE, the TCS Guadalcanal... but it only appears in cutscenes, so you'll all also have to wait a bit more to fly through that beauty's hangar deck :)

Oh, and yes, the Talon and the Tarsus are the only pirate ships, but they might try to get their hands on something else... :D

--Eder

The Rapier II is WAAAAY too hot to be used as a peacetime patrol fighter in Gemini sector.
And the Sabre isn't?

Or will the Sabre be serving as a fighter bomber with a couple of torpedoes slung under it to deal with any pirate corvettes?

(in case you couldn't tell from my name, the Sabre was my favorite ship from WC2 :D)

survival of the fittest? more like the chicks go to guys ready to fuck them when they're drunk... my friends are bastards.

Yay, last CIC visit before I disappear for a week.

Originally posted by SabreAce
And the Sabre isn't?

Or will the Sabre be serving as a fighter bomber with a couple of torpedoes slung under it to deal with any pirate corvettes?
The Sabres will be used to deal with hostile capships. I could give you more details... but then I'd have to kill you :p.

Yep, we definitely don't want to talk about the Sabre or the hostile capships anymore :D

--Eder

The Rapier II is WAAAAY too hot to be used as a peacetime patrol fighter in Gemini sector.

What about ten years later, though? My FL project has stripped-down models as civillian ships, among other things.

Ten years later... 2678? I guess Rapiers would be pretty outdated by then, since the last we hear of them in the novels is around 2673, in the Border Worlds.

--Eder

Originally posted by Darkmage
survival of the fittest? more like the chicks go to guys ready to fuck them when they're drunk... my friends are bastards.

what you all seem to be forgetting this that for every one of us, "greeky/nerdy" guys (as some might see us as) there is a "greeky/nerdy" girl...

and at the end of the day do you want to be with a "slut", who you'll end up not trusting, or a girl who will love you for who you are?

and isn't this thread about Standoff anyway? how about we drop the chick-bashing, and get back to Standoff?

Aye, no chick-bashing in my forum. Official Standoff Policy says chicks are a Very Good Thing(tm), and therefore no chick-bashing may take place here. :D

--Eder

Yes no more puting down the females. Only talk of geting a female to do a voice over.

Can't wait to try out the Prologue personally I perfer to go head with Pirates and Terrorist than Kilrathi or Bugs.

Back