What ever happened to the WC4 improvements???

Well, there was. And the movies are of exelent quality. But Disc 1 is kapuut, so i can't replay it anymore. Just the shield generator and kilrah missions wich i saved. Luckly those are the coolest movies in the game (escp. kilrah trence run)

Right ok LOAF that is what happens most of the time but sometimes it does get to the other side of the Jump. Is there any way to protect it well enough for it to acomplish it's mission?

You're confused as to the mission of the Midway.

Midway is not an all-powerful super-ship to replace the Vesuvius' best carrier honors -- rather, it is a *cost effective* heavy carrier. The Midway is designed to function as a cheaper ship which can fullfill more roles than the carrier only Vesuvii. As a carrier, Vesuvius is far superior -- and is clearly still a major player in 2681.

The Vesuvius class ships are still a major player in 2681 -- as carriers, they are far superior to the cheaper Midway class alternatives... Midway was designed to be cost effective, Vesuvius wasn't.

The display on the screen about Vesuvius is showing the position of her ion turrets -- but she has dozens of defensive turrets, as well as a number of offensive anti-matter guns. In a one on one fight, though (as SO shows us) a lone Vesuvius will not survive (she does indeed outgun Midway, though).

So are you saying that her ION turrets are there instead of lasers as defensive guns and her offensive weapondry are Anti-Matter guns.

The Midway has 25 dual laser cannons (later Midways will mount ions in their stead) and 6 IR missile turrets as its defensive batteries -- it mounts six CSM launchers for offensive purposes.

The Vesuvius has dozens of mass driver cannons, laser turrets, anti-matter guns and such as defensive weaponry.

So I guess that the Midway is kinda meant to fufil the job of a destroyer, with those cap ship missiles, as well as her primary function as a Carrier.

In peacetime, the Midway is a 'mobile starbase' -- with the ability to independently interdict piracy, to perform scientific studies (sciences division) and anti-terrorism missions (marine detachment). This is the essential value of the ship -- it takes the place of several ships.

(During wartime, she would form the center of a battlegroup, just like a Vesuvius -- but not as effectively.)

is this maser gun the aliens have just a name or is it a real maser?

because maser is basically a laser, except it fires coherent microwave beams, which dont penetrate metal, they just get reflected. water and fats absorb microwaves, metal doesnt. therefore if it is a real maser it should do no damage to any kind of ship

i still think that it SHOULDNT do any damage to armour. maybe to shields, i have no idea. but then damaging shields is all hypothetical anyway, no way to test it

Yea Microwaves would do no damnage to the ship, but it would fry the pilot inside of it and would probably disrupt the energy field created by the shields

If we are following real science they wouldn't even fry the pilot unless they hit them through the cockpit. Microwaves bouce off of metal very easily. A neutron gun would fry the pilot and leave the ship mostly intact. Anything organic would be toast though, plastics and such, etc.

Actually things like Jump points have some possiblity in real life as a temporary folding of space through the use of the theorized anti-graviton particle

Back