What does a jump drive actually do?

RedDog357

Spaceman
I know that a jump drive uses AntiGravitons to rip a hole in space/time. But exactly how does it do this?

What are the mechanics behind the Temblor Bomb?

hi (-:=

------------------
"It is only in the mind that we percive Infinity."

"My pockets are full of emptiness"

Hey! I know everyone wants to be like me, but this is a little to close!
smile.gif

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking back a few weeks in the posts, there was a nice long one on jump drives somewhere (anyone remember the name?). As far as the temblor, my guess is just a well placed bomb with emphasis on concussion instead of heat or radiation. Actually sort of a dificcult thing to do on a scale that can destroy a planet (probably based on an atomic bomb with heavy metal casing or some similar "device"

------------------
I don't respect your authority BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE!!!

I don`t like stating the obvious, but I don`t think anyone really knows how to rip a hole in the space\time continuum... unless you know something I don`t...
smile.gif

...in which case we probably wouldn`t be having this coversation in the first place now, would we?
smile.gif

Weell, Mad Hatter, it's reel sample, akchelly. Y'all jes' take that thurr chisel, an' giv't a reel hard whack with that thurr haemmer, an' it'll stab ryte throo tyme an' spaess, an' y'all can jes' go ryte inta tha hole, if y'an'to.
smile.gif
smile.gif

`tis that simple, eh Quarto? I think I`ll give it a try. If you don`t hear from me in the next 100 years or so, you can assume I`m on the other side of the galaxy...

... NOT!!
smile.gif

But if you know how to get from here to where ever, shouldn't you be able to come from where ever back here? So shouldn't we hear from you in a couple of days?

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Oh well. No major loss there
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Don't inflate your head too much MadDog. It might pop!
tongue.gif
Besides I've been RedDog for years before I came on to WC.

Chernikov I'm new here so I must of just missed it, I did check 2 weeks back but couldent find anything close.

And Quarto I think you could write a book about how to split the universe in two.

RedDog357 said:
And Quarto I think you could write a book about how to split the universe in two.

You don't need a book, it can all be put into one line. If you want to split the universe, just get on the highest point you can find, with the biggest radio transmitter you can find, and yell "Microsoft Sucks!" and you'll split it faster than The Big Bang formed it
smile.gif

The post with the Jump stuff in it

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

[This message has been edited by Knight (edited April 23, 2000).]

Steampunk: I`m insulted...
You could have waited with that remark a few days, untill you`re absolutly sure I`m gone.
I`m still working on that chisel thing. I`m trying to figure out where would be the best place to give it a whack with that hammer thing... O.K, I`m trying a new angle... O.k, here goes nothing... WHACK!!! ...strange... nothing seems to happen... wait a second... something`s begining to stirr... ... ... em... Yikes, it worked!! see ya later people! (or maybe not)

You forget that he went through both space and time. Who knows how long he was gone?

Come to think of it, how can we be sure it's really him? Perhaps it's a Kilrathi imposter! Maybe they're already planning their assault on our defenceless homeworld...

Well, Quarto, there is only one way to find out for sure if you're right.
smile.gif

Ok, here goes:

Hey, Mad Hatter, you're sa'guk and your ancestors are nothing but a bunch of low-born utak!

Now let's wait for his reaction. (And I need some cover if he tries to get after me!)
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

[This message has been edited by Nighthawk (edited April 24, 2000).]

Back