what did actually happen in wing commander 3 and 4?

Bla1r

Spaceman
in both these games, we have the option in most dialogues to decide upon what we will say. in wc4, if you dont save catscratch(deliberately) and then go talk to sosa, blair says that he had punched a friend in wc3, which kinda means that THAT is what actually happened and not that blair chose the other option(which was "Paladin's on my side"). So, is there actually a "correct" way to proceed, to play the game and continue the story as it REALLY happened? did blair actually succeed in ALL of his missions? didnt he ever got pained in the ass by eisen for ejecting? Did he really fight Flash? I know he kissed Rachel and not Flint(according to the second "manual" of wc4). Did he go after Hobbes when he killed Cobra? :confused:

The WC3 and WC4 novels give most of the answers to the dialogues.
For example: yes, he went after Hobbes and no, he doesn't succeed in all of his missions. IIRC, Blackmane e.g. is evacuated and Locanca gets hit by the bioweapons. I know that Flash remains on the Victory but I forgot if it was because of a sim contest or some other reason.

He is a home defense pilot, who comes on board with a squadron of Thunderbolts. It mentioned that he was a test pilot at one point. He was still a hotshot though, but he and Blair didn't duel it out.

Blair and Hobbes also botch thier first mission in WC3 (the novel). They get beaten by five or six Dralthi IVs.

in the WCIV book (i haven't read the third one) Catscratch doesn't defect with Blair, in fact, if i remember correctly, i think it was only he and Maniac that defected, he detonated a torpedo before it hit the hull of the Lexiton, sparring the people on board. in the end of the book, Sosa seems to get a thing for Blair, having never met Catscratch, and i can't seem to recall what happened to Blair, based on the endings in the game. that is all i can say, i don't know if they can be considered canon or not.

BlackJack2064 said:
He is a home defense pilot, who comes on board with a squadron of Thunderbolts. It mentioned that he was a test pilot at one point. He was still a hotshot though, but he and Blair didn't duel it out.

Blair and Hobbes also botch thier first mission in WC3 (the novel). They get beaten by five or six Dralthi IVs.

hmmm. which kinda gives the answer to why does eisen say that at first he wasnt so sure about blair but that now he is glad blair came aboard. (that happens before the last mission on Kilrah.) although, these two may not be really connected. but it does make sense.

However, if the novels do give answers to these questions, are they safe to trust? cuz i have read in some posts that there are clashes between the novels and the games sometimes.

btw, looooool@failing in his first mission, hehe :D

Since the novels are official canon, yes they can be trusted, there's even not much choice. Turning all these (apparent) contradictions into something fitting is one of the main preoccupations of many here. Usually it works rather fine.

in the WCIV book (i haven't read the third one) Catscratch doesn't defect with Blair, in fact, if i remember correctly, i think it was only he and Maniac that defected,

Catscratch just disappears - they never say that he *didn't* defect, but he never shows up as an important character in the novel after his first mission with Blair off the Lexington.

he detonated a torpedo before it hit the hull of the Lexiton, sparring the people on board.

You can actually do this in the game - using leech missiles/guns instead of a torpedo. You'll get a different 'knife scene' scene afterwards.

Bandit LOAF said:
Catscratch just disappears - they never say that he *didn't* defect, but he never shows up as an important character in the novel after his first mission with Blair off the Lexington.

Saved by the shell!

In the wc3 novel, Blair loves Thunderbolts. In the WC4 novel, he loves Arrows. In Freedom Flight, he loves Poker.

overmortal said:
He also banged a Kilrathi woman. How many humans can claim to have done that?

If 'sharing the same bed with' counts as banging, then someone's been rewriting the definitions of sex while I was away... :rolleyes:

overmortal said:
He also banged a Kilrathi woman. How many humans can claim to have done that?

Yeah, nothing like alergies from hell to fire up the old sex drive... :rolleyes:

"Slept with" doesn't always mean "had sex with".

Well, she was a concubine, so . . . kinda figured he 'honored' his hosts by 'accepting' their offering.

Would nailing a kilrathi female count as beastiality?

Back