Well...

Basilisk

Spaceman
ill try and knock something up asap... what did you think of the ships? and do you want it to be any particular style?:rolleyes:

No way to delete it, so we might as well use it :p.

I don't know about the screenshots that you sent - they're difficult to analyse, because of the properties of the model surfaces - they look like they're made of plasticine :). I'd like to see something that clearly shows the edges of each poly. Also, the 'Broadsword' shot makes it look like the ship's wings are asymmetrical...

the reason they look like plastecine is because they arent texture mapped yet.... i havent done any textures for them (i dont know the right way to go about desinging one) i have drawings og what i want them to look like, but my scanner wont work :(. im working on the meshes, but i dont want the land to be perfectly flat... but iv got a rough idea of what i want anyway. what bytesize should the map be? killerwave said it should be a 256x256 bitmap, so ill do one of those.

I didn't say the land should be perfectly flat - just the outer sections of it. The places, basically, where nobody will ever need to go.

As for the models, I know they are untextured, but isn't there a way of changing surface properties such as reflectivity and all that in 3DS?

The texture for the plane can be any size you like, provided it's no more than 256x256 :). The reason for this is that 256x256 is the biggest texture size WCP can handle in 3dFX mode (it can do a lot more in Direct3D and Software, but we gotta cater for everyone).

wouldnt that deviate from the realism? i mean if you have a plane that after a while is perfectly flat, wont that look bad? anyway, iv redone the mesh so it is flatter, only it would take ma a month of sundays to flatten some of the planes, i think anyway...... i am working on the others...... im not into the reflectivity yet..... i think if theyre textured they will look fine (i tested out one of the craft textured, and it looked okay)- will this create any problems in prophecy?:(

Realism doesn't really concern us - the flat area is a place the player should never reach, it's just there so that he doesn't fly off the edge of the world :).

It wouldn't create problems in WCP - it creates problems for me, though. I can see the rough shape of the models, but I can't see the exact shape, and so your models end up looking, well, as rough as plasticine models. I'm sure they're better than that, but I just can't bloody tell :p. Send me a shot of the textured one.

about the plane.... is this a question of realism or what looks good? im for both. about the craft- as i said, i havent mapped or done any texturing of any sort on it yet...... they will take better shapw when i do this. in fact, im going to try it now.

Back