We want the Kamekh !!!

Yes, the model is nearly finished, but it has too many damn polygons for a corvette :( That means I'll need to redo some sections in less detail before I can start texturing and converting it.

Oh, BTW, there's a mission in the main campaign with two Kamekhs and a Ralatha in it - you wanna code that one when we get to the main campaign? ;)

Okay, due to popular demand, I've just finished the Kamekh mesh. I'll try to have it textured by today. :)

Ok... now that I'm not on vacation anymore, things are taking longer than they did in the past three weeks or so (as I expected they would). I only managed to finish the Kamekh's textures today, and probably won't have it converted until tomorrow night. :(

Yay, the Kamekh is done. There's a screenshot of it on the site... and now there are only 3 ships left unfinished, apart from any buoys or cutscene props we might need.

I would have prefered a shot slightly from below, but nice :) ...

Although, according to the CIC's Ship database what you modeled is not a Kamekh, but a Fralthra ! :D

shot84tn.png
wc2fralthra.jpg

You missed those bridge windows on the nose there, and the Kilrathi makings on the top. It looks like you've decided to lower the contrast between the metalic and red parts by using light brown and dark red instead, why ? I'd like it better with a bit more contrast and maybe a bit more gray for the metalic parts instead of the light brown...

Last edited by a moderator:
PopsiclePete said:
Although, according to the CIC's Ship database what you modeled is not a Kamekh, but a Fralthra ! :D
Wow, two in one. That means we're only 2 ships short! :p

PopsiclePete said:
You missed those bridge windows on the nose there...
Yep, my Kamekh only has the forwardmost windows. The ones on the side turned out too low-res due to their placement relative to the texture's alignment, so I thought it was best to remove them altogether.

PopsiclePete said:
...and the Kilrathi makings on the top.
Huh? The standard issue Kilrathi marking is right there! :D (Admittedly, I've replaced the original bunch-of-red-claws with it).

PopsiclePete said:
It looks like you've decided to lower the contrast between the metalic and red parts by using light brown and dark red instead, why ? I'd like it better with a bit more contrast and maybe a bit more gray for the metalic parts instead of the light brown...
The white/light brown is the same shade as in the other capships... and the red is the same shade as in most of the fighters. Maybe they don't mix well together, even though a corvette is like a fighter/capship mix? :p I can change this, but I liked the mixed shades idea. What does everyone else think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eder said:
Yep, my Kamekh only has the forwardmost windows. The ones on the side turned out too low-res due to their placement relative to the texture's alignment, so I thought it was best to remove them altogether.
Oh ! Now I see some, but they're not dark enough, I mistook them for dirty textures !
Eder said:
Huh? The standard issue Kilrathi marking is right there! :D (Admittedly, I've replaced the original bunch-of-red-claws with it).
Oh ! Now I see it, but barely. Maybe it's just the screenshot that makes it hard to see, but maybe you should make it a bit brighter ?
Eder said:
The white/light brown is the same shade as in the other capships... and the red is the same shade as in most of the fighters. Maybe they don't mix well together, even though a corvette is like a fighter/capship mix? :p I can change this, but I liked the mixed shades idea. What does everyone else think about it?
They do mix well together, it's just that I liked the original red-over-metalic contrast...

PopsiclePete said:
And what about the shark mouth ? Can you provide us with a screenshot from below to see it ?
Of course. :) I'm writing some main campaign outlines right now, but I'll have a second Kamekh screenshot (in a different, brighter sector) up later today... this way people can tell what is the lighting's fault, and what is my fault :p

Eder said:
Of course. :) I'm writing some main campaign outlines right now, but I'll have a second Kamekh screenshot (in a different, brighter sector) up later today... this way people can tell what is the lighting's fault, and what is my fault :p
The shot from bottom is gorgeous :cool: and the lightning shows the contrast much better.

But my comments about the windows and logo stands, especially the windows.

Making them darker, you mean? Yeah, I could try that, definitely (adding the side windows is another story, though)

Eder said:
Uh, I'm not sure what you mean... the Ralatha is a Ralatha.

Hmm - alright. I just always assumed that Thrakhaths flagship was a cruiser and that's the same class of ship as on Your pics...

IIRC, Thrakhath's flagship is a cruiser, but of the Rikagh class, not of the Fralthra class. It looks a bit like the Ralatha indeed, but it has that big circular hangar-like opening on the front.

Back