WCU ships converted for use in privR!

WCU ships converted for use in privR! Hellcat please look here!

The kingly princess of having absolutely no life (me) has just converted ALL the available ships people have done for wing commander to obj (and bfxm,sorta) format.
This was done in case someone else wants to put ships into the game.

Get the goodies here:

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/wcu-ships.zip

These have all been checked for orientation, normals, reflectivity and so on.

Where available, xml files are included. They'll probably need some modification though, but it's a good starting point to see where to put jet flames and weapons.

In cases where there were built-in exhaust flames in a model, they have been removed.

In cases where there were built-in turrets, they have been removed, as much as practical -- some are still there, notably on the Broadsword. Sorry ^^;

In cases where there are two models of equal quality but different look (mainly confed vs. bwu recolors) I include both. Otherwise only one model per ship is included, which I used depends on which looked better once converted to bfxm.

In cases where what privR is using now looks better than what was in the original stuff, (e.g. paradigm, perry) I used the privR stuff so the archive DOES have some bfxm meshes in it.

In cases where a pentium 500 took more than 5 seconds rendering the image, as well as in cases where Deep Exploration reported less than 15fps on
a pentium4 laptop running at 2.5ghz, some detail was dropped. I cannot
see the difference honestly ^^;

I have also converted everything to BFXM using a very cobbled together batch mesher, which I am including -- just unzip somewhere and execute runme.bat then be prepared to wait a few minutes. For the uninitiated: A dos window will pop up and yell various file names at you, this is normal, let it run it'll turn itself off in a bit. The reason why I'm doing it this way rather than just sending you the bfxm's is that obj files compress better and I'd like to offer a smaller download (35mb obj vs. 90mb bfxm). The batch file was tested with windows XP but should work with win32 just fine. Note that meshes get named mesh.bfxm, mesh2.bfxm etc. depending on what was in the directory, this is done because it made it faster for me to try things in units.csv because all I had to do was change the directory name.

The mama cat went away and took two kitties with her so we're feeding the other two... i'm beginning to hate them already.... sleep what's sleep? :p nah, kidding, seriously though -- I hope that those 3 are well and I'm going to raise the remaining 2 with Michelle.

just do nto forget to credit in the readme file inside the zip to all people who's models you have converted ;) Otherwise in time things will get messy.

But this is amazing work bud ;)

By way of explanation: These are just the MODELS. Unzipping this in your privR directory will NOT make these show up in the game (yet). This was done for kitties like me who like to mess around with the game mechanics.

Back