WCSO music

KillerWave

Spaceman
Anyone know how to extract the SO music, and replace with new one? I tryed a iff2wav converter in the files of the 'soundfx' folder to try to find the right ones, but it didnt worked...

Ok, i managed to extact the music correctly now, mgi format...there is any way to replace the music with a new one, a wav to mgi convertor maybe?

Maybe WCPTaunt at Popsicle Pete's would help... It claims to be able to replace voices so it must have a way to make mgis... I've never used it, so you should take a look at it.

TC

Hmm... I think you're right...

AFAIK, there isn't a wav to mgi converter... if you asked HCl for the source for the mgi to wav one you might be able to muddle one out...

TC

MGIs are unfortunately different to IFFs - they're compressed. HCl has figured out a way of making uncompressed MGIs (which, I guess, would be about the same as IFFs, but I'm not sure), and then editing the .EXE to use them. The downside of this method, however, is that uncompressed MGIs are obviously quite big (therefore difficult to distribute). Furthermore, once the .EXE is edited to play uncompressed MGIs, it will apparently produce nothing but static for compressed ones.

Anyway, your best bet is to contact HCl and see what he has to say.

Back