WCPediting Capships

Actually we just found a way to make the targeting work correctly now. :D
Wildcat will be doing some changes to the models, then i will start the conversion...and hope nothing else goes wrong... :rolleyes:

Im still waiting for the model changes...shouldnt take long ;)
Hey, the new nebulas are finished anyway?

[Edited by KillerWave on 06-12-2001 at 16:06]

Originally posted by Quarto
About debris... I'm sorta thinking of showing something bigger, like maybe a Ranger, exploding, and two chunks of debris just aren't enough ;).

Tough im still thinking about trying something with debries later, in any case you could try this:
When its blown up, make appear in its place some debries, like the ones in the first mission in WCP, and maybe a destroyed version of the model in the center of it right after it blows...;)

Ooh, that'd look really nice if you could make it work. It'll look better than the dead Nephilim ships, any way. :) Would it be that hard to make a model for a destroyed capship?

BTW, interesting conversation...

Originally posted by Wedge009
Would it be that hard to make a model for a destroyed capship?

WC3 and WC4 have models for the destroyed capships, just would need to convert it...;)
There are the destroyed versions of the kilrathi transport, confed transport and intrepid that will be used in UE i guess.

[Edited by KillerWave on 06-12-2001 at 23:08]

Hmm, I don't know what's happening with the nebulae. UE has been somewhat messy the last few weeks, what with everybody being busy and all. I'll check what stage they were at.
I'm pretty sure they weren't finished, though.

As for chunks, that's a pretty good idea ;). Of course, it would only be useful for cutscenes, but that's what we're talking about anyway.

The wreckage of the Intrepid, on the other hand, we see in-flight. I'm afraid we don't get to see those Kilrathi and Confed transport wrecks after all, though. There's always a few things which end up getting cut out, I guess.

Hmm, I preferred the Fralthi II wreckage at the start of WCP to the fly-through hulks of WC3/4. Still, I suppose it'll be better than huge chunks of debris. :) And it'll be nice having the ability to fly with older style ships without having to fiddle with mesh files and whatnot.

To be honest, I can't remember WC4 hulks - there were so few capships to blow up. I suppose as long as the hulks are non-fly-throughable (yes, I know that's atrocious :)), it should work out nicely.

Sorry Q, still waiting the models form Wildcat...:(
I talked with him a couple days ago and he was busy (and kind of forgot about it)...didnt heard nothing after that...

Oh :(.

On an unrelated note, I finally got the hang of SF_CAM_SetMotion. At last, I can do proper camera motion, rather than just teleporting it from place to place or attaching it to ships :D. The possibilites are infinite... well, maybe not infinite, but there is a lot of cool stuff that could be done with this.

Originally posted by Quarto
I finally got the hang of SF_CAM_SetMotion. At last, I can do proper camera motion

Nice :D
You need to teach me how do it someday...
I will send a message to Wildcat about the models ;)

[Edited by KillerWave on 06-26-2001 at 01:11]

Huh, Wedge? You mean, is that player POV? No, I had the hang of that one for quite a while (actually, that one is just a matter of disabling the player's controls). This is a real moving camera, like they have in the movies :D.

One of these days, KW, I'm hoping to find the time to sit down and write some sort of tutorial for that stuff... keep bugging me, and maybe I'll do it :).

Back