WCP moives skipping frames

U

Unregistered

Whenever a WCP movie plays, it keeps on skipping frames. If the frame skipping continues for a few seconds I usually receive an error "dinput: ***** fell out of loop" where ***** is a variable. However, this problem does not occur ingame flight movies.

I seem to have gotten this problem after intalling Directx 8.1..... So.... Is there any way to solve the problem?

Didn´t you read the other posts about WCP ? Just disable the sound acceleration in DXDIAG. After that the movies will play fine....I hope so...:)

Nope.... doesn't work :( but the frame-skipping problem isn't as severe as before.

Win 98SE
DIrectx 8.1
P4 1.4ghz
Nvida GF4 MX 440 128 DDR
640 mb of ram
50X cd-rom

Thanks for your help but I had already checked the files section, and that patch didn't work too... :(

Yes, I use SB live, but the patch didn't help either.

I still appreciate the effort you put in to help me :) thanks

when I deactivate the sound acceleration my system crashes! Hey guys there must be an opportunity to play this game on xp!!! PLEASE!

also SoundBlaster Audigy, I got the same trouble with the Videos, Even with no Acceleration......at least my system doesnt crush..:mad:

I have posted this on another thread, but points 1 and 2 might help.

re: Prophecy(win95) on CD, NVIDIA Geforce DDR video card, Esstech Allegro onboard sound chip, P3 866 and WinXP Pro.
Install OK
Sound OK
Movies OK
Gameplay OK
NB.
1) video card select set to software option, not Direct3d (D3D not tried)
2) Compatability set to Win95
3) POV hat NOT calibrated (messed up gameplay otherwise)
4) Pressing ESC during movies resulted in TOTAL lockup of computer!

Nothing happened again.The movies with no accleretion are playing normally up to a point and then skipping lots of frames.In Basic accleretion they are going like crazy........

1 thing.Go to Origin and blow them up:mad:

Back